Fatal Alliances: The Great War» Forums » General

Subject: Question about counters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just purchased the game and setting up.

One thing I can't seem to find a guide for yet is the meaning of the NATO symbol colors on the counters.

Some things like Hungary vs Austria and division vs corps are self evident.

But some aren't like:
UK white vs blue, RU white vs red...not sure whether to draw from both during setup or not (and what they mean going forward)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you asking about "white print" units? I.e., white fill in the NATO symbol and white text below. Those units are still British, Russian, whatever - but their strength when flipped and out of supply is two, compared to one for "black print" units, whose NATO symbol is blue for British.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes, thank you. That is what I missed, that white symbol/text is a special unit feature.

So I guess I should include both white and normal INF in the pool, when I pick randomly during setup?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pizzaspy wrote:
Yes, thank you. That is what I missed, that white symbol/text is a special unit feature.

So I guess I should include both white and normal INF in the pool, when I pick randomly during setup?

Yep, use 'em all. There are, however, OTHER distinctions between one INF and another that might affect set-up; for example, between CW INF that are United Kingdom units, vs CW INF that are Australian (or Canadian, Indian, South African, New Zealander).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.