Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt LMandri
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pledged yesterday and I was backer 906. Today they are only at 895 and the total dropped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Lozito
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The short answer is "Yes".

If you want to track the progress, day-by-day, you can do that here:

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/bdgames/crisis-at-steamfall...

And you'll see a drop in backers / funding, though the decline has actually been going on since 19 May.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Lee
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be honest, I dropped my pledge. I am debating on whether or not to pledge right now because the game looks neat, but there are also a lot of cool ideas/re-runs on kickstarter right now. It's a tough time to balance my budget against kickstarter board games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Carr
United States
Ruckersville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unfortunately my budget for games is zeroed out right now. It seems there are always good finds on KS these days... but I thought Assault on Doomrock was fantastic(if a bit difficult) and would happily support the designer if the budget allowed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Busha
China
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this is the glut of games coming to fruition. This will become more amd more common, at least until a crash hits.

Simply put, too many games, not enough gaming dollars. I'm in and will stay in, but there are so many quality games and projects out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson

Boulder
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ended up dropping because I am only interested in the co-op half of the game and there is a review on the KS page in which the reviewers say there is not much reason to play again once they beat it.

I love the theme/art and honestly assumed that this would be a huge KS campaign that would lead to more scenarios or content for the co-op part but that hasn’t been the case.

There may be others like me who feel like they would only be utilizing half of the game content if co-op is more your thing.

Add to that what otheres have mentioned...there are so many games it now it’s getting harder to tie up my gaming budget in games that I have to wait a year for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R

Heidelberg
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BiggityBogle wrote:

There may be others like me who feel like they would only be utilizing half of the game content if co-op is more your thing.

Even more extreme, I feel like I would mostly play it solo. I dropped my pledge because I don't think there is good value/money for solo gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson

Boulder
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tricil wrote:
BiggityBogle wrote:

Even more extreme, I feel like I would mostly play it solo. I dropped my pledge because I don't think there is good value/money for solo gaming.

Me too, was mainly gonna play it solo. It’s a shame because the art/theme are really cool. Almost stayed in just because it’s not gonna be available retail, but decided it was too big a risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maricel Edwards
United States
Fontana
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BiggityBogle wrote:
tricil wrote:
BiggityBogle wrote:

Me too, was mainly gonna play it solo. It’s a shame because the art/theme are really cool. Almost stayed in just because it’s not gonna be available retail, but decided it was too big a risk.

+1 this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BiggityBogle wrote:
I ended up dropping because I am only interested in the co-op half of the game and there is a review on the KS page in which the reviewers say there is not much reason to play again once they beat it.

I love the theme/art and honestly assumed that this would be a huge KS campaign that would lead to more scenarios or content for the co-op part but that hasn’t been the case.

Add to that what otheres have mentioned...there are so many games it now it’s getting harder to tie up my gaming budget in games that I have to wait a year for.

Which review would that be?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson

Boulder
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The one with with the four dudes...not sure what they call themselves!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BiggityBogle wrote:
The one with with the four dudes...not sure what they call themselves!

I just went looking for this and only found videos with 3 dudes....can you please post a youtube link to the exact one you're referring to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson

Boulder
Colorado
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, you’re right. For some reason I remembered four. (Watched these videos back at the beginning if the campaign)

https://youtu.be/BImTGPMho8U

That’s the video. They are overall positive about the game, but at the end they start to discuss ways it could be improved. This discussion starts with about 5 min left. At around 3 min left the one dude says he wouldn’t back if nothing else was added because they played the scenario and won.

If I’m wrong and they’ve added more to the co-op side please correct me. I haven’t followed that closely since I dropped my pledge. Just check in every once in a while to see the stretch goals. I’m still a little torn because the art/theme are sweet and this was a Kickstarter I’d been waiting for. Can’t shake the feeling that I’d be missing out on most of the gameplay if I only want co-op.

Even with my own reservations though, I am surprised the campaign hasn’t picked up more momentum due to it being a known designer and the game having good production. Chalk it up to how many games there are on KS now I suppose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Liss
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
For what it's worth, they did mention in both the YouTube and Kickstarter comments that Tom reached out to them and is making changes based on their feedback.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dudley Albrecht
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
And it took two hits from
A;A glut of Steampunk themed games on KS and on the market;
B. Steampunk,though it still has a following, is not nearly as big as it was a couple of years ago.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
v b
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It did seem to me after watching all the videos and reading about this game like it might not be "fully cooked" yet. I mean, I LOVED the individual mechanics and ideas in this, but for the price I thought it was too risky to back. :(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.