BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: Gowdy refutes Trump's version of 'The Spy' rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andre
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/29/politics/trey-gowdy-fbi-confi...

Gowdy, after the briefing at the White House last week, apparently feels the FBI did the right thing, when it comes to investigating Russian attempts to infiltrate the campaign.

Now if only more Republicans in Congress had the spine to admit this, maybe we'd be in a better place. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm shocked that The Penguin took a stand. Are there cracks starting to form in the damn?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
I'm shocked that The Penguin took a stand. Are there cracks starting to form in the damn?
More like the cracks in the sidewall of a tire where you say to yourself, "damn, these tires are dry rotting, I have to get new ones" and then end up driving another 20k miles on them without a flat. We still have 13k miles left on this Presidency with no real signs that we are going to change the tires. Just lots of standing around fretting about them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
More like the cracks in the sidewall of a tire where you say to yourself, "damn, these tires are dry rotting, I have to get new ones" and then end up driving another 20k miles on them without a flat. We still have 13k miles left on this Presidency with no real signs that we are going to change the tires. Just lots of standing around fretting about them.

Yep. I'll be shocked only if they do something and not just act concerned. Gowdy is leaving congress so this is the actual bare minimum he can do if he objects to the finding. No excuse for him leaving it at just this.

OT I do hope you were able to find some "Beyond Sausage" in your neck of the woods for Memorial Day. I cooked some up for my son, and they cooked like the animal version, looked like the animal version and damn me if they did not taste like the animal version (as I remember). Just the thing to order when omnis come a' visitin'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar the Woebringer
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
When even this boob, a driving force behind the 900 Benghazi witch trials, doesn't support your claims, you may not have a strong case to make...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
South Euclid
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Metal Undivided, Chaos For All
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
OT I do hope you were able to find some "Beyond Sausage" in your neck of the woods for Memorial Day. I cooked some up for my son, and they cooked like the animal version, looked like the animal version and damn me if they did not taste like the animal version (as I remember). Just the thing to order when omnis come a' visitin'
I did! They were really good, and not that so exact to be a little gross, just enough. I knew they were going to be good when the four dogs at the camp site followed me around as I cooked and ate them. Like the Beyondburgers, they have that great quality of not drying out when cooked like so many other plant based meats (of course that means extra oil embedded in it, but hey, it's camping, it's not about being healthy). I cooked them on a stick in a fire, which I wouldn't recommend as it was a pain. Next year it will be on a grill or on a two-pronged campfire fork (which I didn't bring like an idiot, and I wasn't about to use the omni utensils lying around with their dripping gore).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I know this is shocking, just shocking, but I understand Rush Limbaugh is gravely disappointed with Trey Gowdy. The horror, the horror...

I was wondering when the Trump lawyers would resort to that time-honored tradition of claiming entrapment. The mob is never far from the hearts of rich Manhattanites such as our Beloved Leader Donny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind—Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
I did! They were really good, and not that so exact to be a little gross, just enough. I knew they were going to be good when the four dogs at the camp site followed me around as I cooked and ate them. Like the Beyondburgers, they have that great quality of not drying out when cooked like so many other plant based meats (of course that means extra oil embedded in it, but hey, it's camping, it's not about being healthy). I cooked them on a stick in a fire, which I wouldn't recommend as it was a pain. Next year it will be on a grill or on a two-pronged campfire fork (which I didn't bring like an idiot, and I wasn't about to use the omni utensils lying around with their dripping gore).

Mmmmmmmm....dripping gore!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Welcome Rolling Stones
Latvia
Bullshit
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Is Gowdy working as an informant for Mr. Mueller? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Very legal & very cool
United States
Lincoln
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish I knew enough medical Latin to construct a term meaning "Spontaneous spinal regeneration upon retirement," the phenomenon that so many Republicans seem to be experiencing.

Is there a doctor (or a student of Latin) in the house?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So my summer assignment means I have the 'joy' of hearing Rush and Laura on the radio frewuently. It would appear Gowdy has been appointed head of the special council in charge of being under the bus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Whetstone
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
49xjohn wrote:

Is Gowdy working as an informant for Mr. Mueller? whistle

That is called a 'spy' now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.