Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the rule book once now I’m trying to play.

I don’t understand the point in planting a seed that takes 6 rounds to grow when there are only 7 rounds in the game. And it only gives you one food? And each player consumes 1 food each round? It seems some starvation is going to happen. Is this the only way to produce food? How do we feed these astronauts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bookshelf Game Junkie
United States
Ocoee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The six turns to mature a seed into a plant takes on more significance in the campaigns. In the introductory scenario, it's more about learning the concepts that will come into play on future missions.

Also, don't think of the plant as a salad that you eat all at once and then it's gone. Think of it more like an avocado tree that will produce edible fruit for a long time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Fling
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bmaxwellsmith wrote:
The six turns to mature a seed into a plant takes on more significance in the campaigns. In the introductory scenario, it's more about learning the concepts that will come into play on future missions.

Also, don't think of the plant as a salad that you eat all at once and then it's gone. Think of it more like an avocado tree that will produce edible fruit for a long time.

That helps a little.

So the four black cubes(greenhouses) are producing one food each turn correct? And each astronaut consumes one food each turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wayne Walker
United States
Chuluota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joefling34 wrote:
bmaxwellsmith wrote:

That helps a little.

So the four black cubes(greenhouses) are producing one food each turn correct? And each astronaut consumes one food each turn?

Right. You are all set. Unless something breaks...whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Mcgamin

Arizona
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am here to also confirm that yes, each greenhouse produces food that is immediately consumed during the appropriate phase. Food produced by these greenhouses is not added to the general supply track.

The make yourself at home scenario introduces the concept of planting seeds but you don't actually use it for anything. However, during the campaign your game will span many sols.

And as a side note, I would play all of the scenarios a few times before attempting the campaigns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Shiels
United Kingdom
Paignton
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bmaxwellsmith wrote:

Avocado's - of course - the whole game makes sense now - thanks - I'm binning the rulebook!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.