Steven Dolges
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, just as a heads up the latest rules available for the game ARE NOT the ones available in the files section here on BGG. That was version 1.1G, the major revision put out last year.

On the Compass Games website here: https://www.compassgames.com/downloads/FA-III_RaW1_1H.pdf

As you can see, the version available there is 1.1H and was dated as March 17th 2018. I've been very life-busy and didn't see the file there until now.

I'm going to try to determine what has changed between 'G' and 'H' but the some of the changes that stuck out in my quick scanning of the document is that 'Absorbing Ukraine' has become slightly cheaper. Where the cost was 10 times each resource and city in the region being absorbed in 'G' it is 7 per resource/city instead in 'H'. Absorbing Minsk got cheaper by 5 PP and Absorbing Armenia/Azerbaijan got cheaper by 10 PPs as well.

I'll try to do a more thorough comparison tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dolges
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay here is what I've found via a side-by-side comparison. I might have missed other really minor things but I think I got most of it. Fortunately most of these are clarifications rather than real gameplay changes.

13.5.5.3 Removed erroneous line about buying political points, this is good.

Option 7: Cleaned up a paragraph line return, this is good.

14.3 final paragraph gets a little clarification, stating the surrendering power becomes neutral and their MIL and RES units are taken off map. Good clarification here.

14.5 Austro-Hungarian break-up sections get a bit of an overhaul. Banat and Croatia no longer automatically become part of a unconquered Serbia, same for Transylvania and Bukovina for Rumania. Czech can be a new minor but CP control of Prague no longer matters for being conquered. Germany is considered to have conquered whatever AH controlled in Bohemia and Slovakia at the time AH hits morale of zero. Czech can be liberated by the Allies instantly if they can control at least one city in Bohemia and/or Slovakia though. So to summarize this, AH no longer explodes at morale zero and the Allies need to grab the potential home hexes for those minors the hard way. I think is actually how it always was but now the verbiage is less confusing regarding those minor regions. Germany also gets the choice now to just destroy transferred AH units at no morale cost, in case they are a lost cause or something maybe. Overall I think these are good clarifications.

Top paragraph of section 15 clarifies that you can have unlimited gain of PPs from the taking of a politically significant hex.

15.2 gets those cheaper costs for Absorb actions like I mentioned before.

22.1 gets some clarification on NAVs: "(NAV zeppelin, balloon and airplanes all go into separate force
pools)"

Added Errata: "All Belgian units should be dated “1890”"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the comparison!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Lindbekk
Norway
Sem
flag msg tools
mbmb
Great work!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.