Popular Tags: [View All]
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Click here for Part 1

Ok gang, you'll have to bear with me. We've been playing much faster than I can recap (this game is pretty addictive!), so this post and the next one might not be as detailed.

Game 3

Before the start of this game, we grew the other charters. Bricksburg built Drafting Room, 30 Rock built Greenhouse, Schrute Farm built Windmill, and Greendale built Junkyard.

Tricia played as the Healer and I played as the Architect.

I was still on a mission to find a new kind of minion, so I opened up Crate #40. And to my delight, unlocked Robots, Smithy, and Inventor.

Tricia built the Apothecary, which combo-ed nicely with her persona. I built the Smithy, so that all could know the joy of Robot ownership.

Tricia then opened Crate #13, unlocking the Spa and the Masseur. We both took a minute to grasp the implications of scoring several points in a turn without spending any influence.

For my last trick, I built the Shoemaker, a nifty building that lets you put another persona in play. Tricia secured her place as the winner of the Reputation Track.

We both achieved the Guidepost, and were tied on remaining influence. Tricia won the die roll and got to decide if building points counted in the score for the current game. Since I was ahead, she decided not to include them, making the kind angry! Tricia won the game and continued to work on her coin row. I filled a card capacity and started on the reputation row.

Game 4

There were fewer buildings in the deck this time, so not all the inactive charters got to build something. Bricksburg built Monument, Greendale built Portal, 30 Rock built Pumpkin Spicery.

This time Tricia played the Masseur and I played the Inventor. Our personas played a decent role in this game. For one, Tricia kept going to a building that was occupied by one of my workers and choosing not to bump them. I assume she accomplished this by giving my worker a nice backrub. As far as my persona, I needed to call back two robots. This meant I had to buy a second one first, and then play them both. I accomplished this pretty quickly, but with two robots for most of the game I ended up drowning in cards.

Tricia built the Spa, while I continued down my path, opening Crate #41. This unlocked Clock Tower, Clock Maker, and A Vast Portfolio.

Later on, Tricia opened up Crate #14, unlocking Veterinarian, Resort, Infirmary, and Merchant. We quickly realized that these buildings were essentially upgrades of Cat Cafe, Spa, and Apothecary, with stronger actions and higher point values. Also, we learned that we could now build over existing buildings. Again I have to say that the pacing of this game is on point, since we were just at the point of having full charters.

Speaking of which, I built the Clocktower later that game. I also scored Helping Hands pretty easily with my robots, which lead to me winning the game. I also won the Guidepost and had to decide whether to ask the king if we could build on sky islands or just go for it without asking. Since I had a full charter, I didn't want to risk him saying no, so we just went for it. Plus, it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission, right? The king did not see it this way. Also, a weird old man on a sky island told us that our personas are actually memories of our ancestors or something. Weird.

I completed my reputation row and started the minion row. Tricia completed her coin row and increased her minion capacity.

Next up, a three game update! Twists and turns await!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Dolloff
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Enjoyed reading this as much as your first session. Thanks for posting! Looking forward to see how your campaign goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! I’m having fun writing them, too. Love the game so far.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After three games (2p, only 3rd game with 2 Automa) the 4 inactive charters still only have one building. There were no buildings face up in the advancement mat once the opportunity was offered to build.
Are we doing something wrong, or have we overseen something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AnythingForMarcello
msg tools
Tsaar wrote:
After three games (2p, only 3rd game with 2 Automa) the 4 inactive charters still only have one building. There were no buildings face up in the advancement mat once the opportunity was offered to build.

I don't think there's a problem. You must be building a lot relative to the number of crates you open.

Do make sure, when you discard down to your capacity of advancement cards at the end of each game, that each player only has one of each type. So, if their capacity is 2, they can't have two unconstructed buildings - they could only have one and one card of another type (constructed building, assistant, etc.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Hopkins
United States
Converse
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tsaar wrote:

I don’t know how the automa work, since we don’t use them. As far as inactive charters, they would only start building before your third game, and then only if there are unbuilt buildings in the advancement deck. The rules say to flip cards until you get a building, then build it in a charter, shuffle the deck and repeat for the next charter. We just take all the buildings out of the deck, and draw one for each charter until we don’t have anymore or all the charters got one. Then we reshuffle the advancement deck with what’s left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.