4 Posts

Concordia: Aegyptus / Creta» Forums » Rules

Subject: Food Tile Movement Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fluff Buns
msg tools
mb
I'm a little confused about the food tile, does it move up the Nile river every time someone produces in general? Or does it only move up the Nile river if someone produces on the province with the food tile on it already?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Tinney
Australia
BROKEN HILL
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fluffbuns wrote:
I'm a little confused about the food tile, does it move up the Nile river every time someone produces in general? Or does it only move up the Nile river if someone produces on the province with the food tile on it already?

The second one. It’s not explicitly stated in the rules but is implied by the explanation of what happens when the token is in AEGYPTUS INFERIOR:

“Rules” wrote:
It is located in AEGYPTUS INFERIOR and someone produces there (emphasis added) the “food” bonus market is placed in KUSH again etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gillum the Stoor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a translation issue.

There are two sentences that (in the English) are implicitly linked: "The players get 1 extra food, if they produce in a province with the “food“ bonus marker (which begins the game in KUSH). After production, the bonus marker is placed 1 province Nile downstream."

In German, the linkage is explicit, as the second sentence is "Das Bonusplättchen wandert danach 1 Provinz Nil abwärts."

This translates as, "The bonus marker thereafter moves 1 province down the Nile."

The German "danach" more clearly links the two sentences than the English "After production," which could be misinterpreted to apply to any production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fluff Buns
msg tools
mb
Thank you all. I am excited to play this side. I played the Crete side earlier and loved it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.