David Thompson
United States
Centerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings all, if you happen to be attending UKGE and fancy a demo of an upcoming wargame, please let me know. I’ll have three designs for demo st the show:

Pavlov's House, releasing from DVG next month. In Pavlov’s House, you take control of the valiant defenders of a Soviet strongpoint in Stalingrad as they hold out against constant German attacks for almost two months. You also control the key leaders throughout the Soviet 62nd Army that made the defense of Pavlov’s House possible.

I will have the pre-production copy of Pavlov’s House with me. So if you want to check it out, send me a geekmail.

War Chest, releasing at GenCon from AEG. War Chest is an all-new bag-building war game! At the start of the game, raise your banner call (drafting) several various units into your army, which you then use to capture key points on the board. To succeed in War Chest, you must successfully manage not only your armies on the battlefield, but those that are waiting to be deployed.

There will be pre-production copies of War Chest for demo at the Asmodee UK booth.

Europe Divided, releasing from Phalanx (probably in 2019/2020). In Europe Divided, you take control of Western Europe or Russia and battle for influence over Central Europe, Eastern Europe, and the Caucasus in a post-Cold War world.

I will be demoing a prototype of the game at Phalanx’s booth on Sunday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim F
United Kingdom
Birmingham
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Who knew trench warfare could be such fun?
badge
Ashwin in front of Tiger 131
mbmbmbmbmb

If anyone has not met David, his enthusiasm for his games and the hobby is infectious. Beware!

I have had a play through of ‘Pavlovs House’ with David and a friend at last years UKGE and it was a really interesting and unusual game, combining operational with tactical on the same board.

I think we had a peek of ‘Europe Divided’ too. Will swing by and take a longer look at how that is getting on. Definitely piqued my interest when you were describing it.

‘War Chest’ is completely new. Reminds me of the old Might and Magic computer game, which I loved. There’s probably a Titan influence too, although - to my shame - I have never played that Titan.

Blimey, you’ve been busy David!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost no info yet on War Chest. Will keep an eye on it and try it in Essen.

How much has changed in Europe Divided as compared to earlier last year? I still have my pnp copy in the basement. I remember it being enjoyable but needing some polish...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mark mathews
Wales
Cardiff
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was give a demo of Pavlovs house at the expo and I rather enjoyed it and it reminded me of the state of siege games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United States
Centerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much for the kind words, Jim. It was great seeing you and the wargame gang at UKGE, even if only briefly.

AEG was expecting three pre-production copies of War Chest, but the manufacturer wasn’t able to bring them. So it looks like my first time seeing the game will be with everyone else: at GenCon. Right now the plan is a pre-release at GenCon and a wide release around Essen.

Carsten, AEG has a rollout planned for info on War Chest - it will begin around the end of June and run through GenCon. It should include briefs on each unit, and I’m putting together a design diary with the game’s co-designer. I’ll make sure to share the info here in the wargames sub-forums.

Europe Divided has changed a LOT since I first shared it a while back here on BGG. It still has the same core premise and mechanisms, but everything has been refined extensively, and I’ve added quite a bit of chrome. Polyhedron Collider was at the Phalanx booth and I gave them the downlow on it. I think it might get a mention in an upcoming podcast. I’ll make sure to share the revised rules soon. It’s undergoing final playtests with Phalanx now.

Mark, it was a pleasure meeting you. I’m glad you enjoyed the Pavlov’s House demo.

And I’m extremely happy that everyone will have their copies of the game soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Bohne
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
David, thanks for the update. I'll keep my eyes open...

Congrats on the release of Pavlov's House. It's cool to witness a game maturing from pnp contest entry to polished game...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.