Subject: If you could only have one expansion for this? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Robinson
United Kingdom
Neston
flag msg tools
mb
So I picked up the game for a bargain price yesterday.

Naturally my mind has moved to expansions. I don’t think I’ll play it that much so I only want to see if I can get a single expansion.

My question is out of Catacombs & Castles: Siege Defender and Catacombs & Castles: Keystones & Keeps which adds the most variety (and define that how you want) to the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Dorpmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well most variety is probably Keystones & Keeps as it has a whole new board with like 6 different pitfalls you can choose from. But If I had to make my purchases again, I would personally get Siege Defender because of the cool bosses and the extra board I don't like anyway

As a side note, aren't these expansions Kickstarter exclusive? I guess you can get them from the publishers website but they're pretty expansive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United Kingdom
Neston
flag msg tools
mb
Well, where there's a will there's a way 😀
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Who Am I?
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Siege Defender is available from Elzra directly:
https://catacombs.shop/collections/catacombs-castles/product...

Tough call. I preferred the hero characters from Keystones & Keeps, but didn't care for the extra board. The bosses in Siege Defender are very cool additions that balance out the (for me) less interesting heroes. I happily own both, but if picking one to keep then Siege Defender would probably get the call?

But if allowed to go off table, maybe consider Catacombs Conquest as a supplement? It's a separate game from the same series, but not much more expensive and also a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Robinson
United Kingdom
Neston
flag msg tools
mb
oneiric wrote:
Siege Defender is available from Elzra directly:
https://catacombs.shop/collections/catacombs-castles/product...

Tough call. I preferred the hero characters from Keystones & Keeps, but didn't care for the extra board. The bosses in Siege Defender are very cool additions that balance out the (for me) less interesting heroes. I happily own both, but if picking one to keep then Siege Defender would probably get the call?

But if allowed to go off table, maybe consider Catacombs Conquest as a supplement? It's a separate game from the same series, but not much more expensive and also a lot of fun.

Not a bad idea but does it integrate with Catacombs and Castles?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ruben Dorpmans
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
raged_norm wrote:
Not a bad idea but does it integrate with Catacombs and Castles?

It doesn't unfortunately (or fortunately?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Georgia
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
A slightly larger board made of neoprene so you can modify the terrain with the blocks under it to make ridges, as well as being above for rebounds - ala Flick Wars. This is easily done second hand, but official rules would be nice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.