Pandemic Legacy: Season 2» Forums » General

Subject: Objectives in July rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Bedell

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmb
Picked the game back up after a long break and we're just about to start our first July game, and we're not sure we have enough objectives. Of course, there's the possibility that the Legacy deck adds one before we actually start the month, but no way to know for sure...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
So I went back through our "destroyed" cards just in case and found 2 old objectives that don't say anything about destroying them, so I'm not sure they should have been destroyed. I also went through the records and couldn't find anything that said anything about getting rid of these 2 objectives, so I'm worried I screwed up months ago before our break and "destroyed" cards that I shouldn't have.

The 3 we have are:
Perform 2 searches
Connect 2 new cities
Recon a new area

We cannot complete the Recon objective as there are none available (until Kolkata opens up). Of course, perhaps something opens up a new recon during this month, but I would have no way to know that.

The 2 that were "destroyed" but perhaps shouldn't have been:
Build 3 new supply centers
Build 3 supply centers

I don't remember why both of these exist, I assume one replaced the other, but not sure which way it went. And reading other threads on the subject of "not enough objectives" I noticed that most people seem to have one of these still available. So, I'm betting that I wasn't supposed to destroy one of them.

Note: when going through the old papers and legacy cards, I did find the one that said to destroy the Recon North America objective, but nothing for these 2.

So the question is: Do I need to un-destroy either of the objectives I "destroyed"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ranger Titch
msg tools
mb
The 'Build 3 supply centers' objectives should be destroyed, but the 'Build 3 new supply centers' should NOT be, and is a mandatory objective for July.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bedell

Kentucky
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of game like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
Build 3 Supply Centers was the goal for Prologue games. The card with prologue information on it says to destroy it when you move to January. Build 3 New Supply Centers is your first objective in January.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
rangertitch wrote:
...and is a mandatory objective for July.

It's still a mandatory objective, but it's also been a mandatory objective since January. Do you have any idea when you "destroyed" it? You may have made some previous games considerably easier than they ought to have been. /-8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Tate

Oregon
msg tools
We discovered that we too had somehow removed that objective, back in Feb. It had been almost a year since we had played. Once we added it back in the game was SOOOOO much easier. On the plus side, we had everything reconnoitered by Late April.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.