Subject: Can get this used, worth it? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mike
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I have the ability to pick this up used for $50. The first month has been played and some stickers have been used.

Is this a good deal? Could I just replay the scenario again with my own group or would this be difficult?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amanda Zimmer
United States
Decatur
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just the first month being played isn't too bad, but I have seen new copies on sale sometimes for ~$50. Though not sure what the options are for Canada (you may be more limited).

Not sure if there is any point in replaying the January scenario; you will see the stickers that resulted from the scenario, and you may play differently because of knowing what the result is. You could just keep going though to the next game (February).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends on how much a new copy would cost you. Replaying the first month would not be excessively hard, but it's also not ideal (it'll be a bit messy, you may want to apply some key stickers in different places, and you'll have your initial surprises spoiled for you).

If a new copy costs $60 and you can afford the difference, avoid this used copy. If a new copy costs $150, the impact of the first month being played probably won't be so devastating as to be worth paying three times the price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
a new copy would be $80 for me.

thanks for the replies. i'll have to think about it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
they indicated to me that "jan was a success" and that "red was the region that was infected"

I really don't know if it is worth it hhhmmm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
iamzimmer wrote:
I have seen new copies on sale sometimes for ~$50.

Be wary of new copies that cheap. Unfortunately, many of them are counterfeit. )-8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.