Alan Richbourg
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
This is Kyoshi, our adopted Shiba Inu.
mbmbmbmbmb
Another thing I can't quite grok from the rules or find in a post is the answer to the following: If a Soviet Heavy Fortification has no Soviet ground units in its area, but the area is still Soviet controlled, is the fort removed from the map?

I suspect "no", but I'd like to know what Rick says.

In other words, does the "not destroyed" exception for Soviet forts in 6.95C apply to both 6.96 as well as 6.97B?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ellsworth
United States
Morris
Illinois
flag msg tools
I don't remember if this was changed at all from the first edition rules, but the living rules specifically state in 6.95 C that Soviet Heavy Fortifications remain on the board until their area falls under Axis control. Regular fortifications (from any nation, including the Soviets) are removed whenever there is no friendly unit in their area, or in a contested area at the end of the first round of combat if enemy units are still in the area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.