Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark B
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Driven by a need to speed up the setup time for this game and inspired by some of the previous designs posted on here I have developed the following foamcore insert. It's made from black foamcore which I applied a star effect to by flicking slightly watered down white paint off an old toothbrush onto it.

The manual, art book and resource bag rest on top of the board:

The board holds down the rest of the componets:

The player boards cover the counter and card trays while lids made from the old cardboard insert cover the player component boxes:

The first layer of components revealed:

The bottom layer exposed:

Player boxes and planets removed:

The separate trays/boxes that are used during gameplay:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Could you post the dimensions for the various bits? I created a foamcore insert that another user posted, and while it's functional and works OK, there are parts of it I'm finding a little fiddly, so I may want to try a different style.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark B
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I get a chance (probably a couple a weeks time) I will try and update this with the key dimensions like the heights of the trays and the size of the player boxes. However, a lot of it was just a case of measuring the components and making the compartments exactly the right size to avoid wasting the limited space available (alien tray, card compartments, resource tokens, etc.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emanuela
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Let's all have a deep, think-y game... with theme!
badge
Anesthetist by day; gamer by night...
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great and I would make it in a heartbeat, but it looks like it doesn't quite work for sleeved cards. : /

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark B
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, there was barely enough room for the un-sleeved cards. You would have to play around with the layout of the lower tray to account for the extra width but I think the extra height would be hard to get around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean M
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this for kickstarter version or retail? I'm looking for a retail solution!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark B
United Kingdom
Fareham
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was made for the Kickstarter version, but there is little difference between them. You could just leave out the section that stores the beast miniature and the lack of metal coins will give you enough space to separate the cardboard coins into separate slots for each value.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.