Popular Tags: [View All]
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is Worthington going to come out with a second edition of the game and incorporate the Prezcon rule changes, or do they have any plans to release an official 2.0 of the rules with those updates?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Stonemark
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the Prescon rules were done by Matt Looby, who is the current designer of the Holdfast games that are coming soon(ex: Holdfast Tunisia). The rules are in the file section. That's currently what there is now, but I'm sure Matt will be along to clarify. I would think a living rules may be the way to go, but a 2nd edition would be welcome also.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Looby
United States
Wadhams
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Garrett,

I have been told there maybe a repreint, 2nd edition.

The ammendments in the rules open the game up- because an 'eliminated' unit can't return for 5 turns. The block count of units in play is thus reduced.

I think you'll find the game to be an interesting puzzlement- the tempo and flow are more accentuated in order to mirror the history.

I think we have been running HF:Africa for three or four years at Prezcon, and we think the revisions are pretty decent.

Regards,
Matt
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Chick (Formerly Paul O'Sullivan)
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
Fag an bealac! Riam nar druid ar sbarin lann! Cuimhnigidh ar Luimnech agus feall na Sassonach! Erin go Bragh! Remember Limerick! Remember Ireland and Fontenoy!
badge
Well, I'm afraid it'll have to wait. Whatever it was, I'm sure it was better than my plan to get out of this by pretending to be mad. I mean, who would have noticed another madman round here?
mbmbmbmbmb
I combine those rules with mine and I get a pretty good North Africa experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Worthington....how about a second edition with upgraded rules? The fixes sound great, makes me a little sad that I sold my copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules look pretty good. I would suggest that rule 2 be tweaked; change the Italian Infantry to have the same defense value as the German infantry. If an Italian infantry takes a hit it must retreat, if it cannot retreat it surrenders and is out of the game. That would give the game a little more flavor and encourage you to take the hits on German infantry without forcing you to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Looby
United States
Wadhams
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The biggest problem with the game is the speed at which the units return from the eliminated pile. It is waaay too fast.

A unit eliminated in one turn may be back on the frontline the following turn.

A 4-5 turn delay on the return of an eliminated unit allows the game to be more fluid. Lulls are created, and players build for upcoming offensive strikes.

WW1 static warfare is gone from play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett Potvin
United States
Brooklyn Park
MN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed, it would be nice if Worthington would publish an official 2.0 of the rules....I hate playing with House rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.