Subject: Final scoring with hardcore rules rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Berglind
Sweden
Kungälv
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The "Hardcore gamer rules variant" states that the final scoring of islands uses the "accumulated sum formula", i.e. an island with n tiles scores 1+2+3+ ... +n points. If you combine this with the original rule which states that if you are alone on an island, the points are squared, standing alone on a three tile island gives you 36 points; and that should be enough to secure victory regardless of how many points were collected during the game.
One could argue that a player therefore never should be allowed to stand alone on an island, but a late drift or thaw tile could easily create such an island just before scoring.
I haven't actually played the game, so maybe this is a very hypothetical example but it would be interesting to know what Mr Faidutti intended.

Johan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno faidutti
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
designer
Re:Final scoring with hardcore rules
Dr Murke (#34083),

Yes, you're right. There's no squaring with the gardcore rules, you score the same if youre alone or not. I ought to specify it on our website - and will do it at once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.