Olli Juhala
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Abiezer Coppe wrote:
LegendsOfSignum wrote:

As Legends of Signum is a developers company of the game - this is a Legal Person and it corresponds for community rules interpretations.

Sincerely, Yevhenii
Signumgame team


Wait, you're actually their lawyer? Crikey.


Considering this is in Complaint Department, I think BGG are referring Legends of Signum team to the Private Eye reply in Arkell v. Pressdram, would you say?
3 
 Thumb up
1.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Abiezer Coppe wrote:
LegendsOfSignum wrote:

As Legends of Signum is a developers company of the game - this is a Legal Person and it corresponds for community rules interpretations.

Sincerely, Yevhenii
Signumgame team


Wait, you're actually their lawyer? Crikey.

I think the "this" in the sentence "this is a legal person" is referring back to "Legends of Signum... developers" as in "this group of people is a person for purposes of community rules"

NOT

"this is [I am] a legal person [aka a lawyer] [writing this message]"
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dyrud
United States
Lincoln
Nebraska
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Kind of hesitant to necro a dead thread, but it looks like they're back at it again.

LegendsOfSignum wrote:
Hello Michael,

After reviewing your mention about our game:

"Publisher spammed links to rules in Reddit thread about best rulebooks, completely off topic self-promotion"

We can answer that this is false information.
Spamming is the use of messaging systems to send an unsolicited message (spam), especially advertising, as well as sending messages repeatedly on the same site.

First of all this wasn't spam, because this message was sent only once.
The second important thing is about "completely off topic self-promotion".
The topic opened in reddit was devoted to beatiful designed rulesbooks which was requested by post creator. Most of users gave links to rulesbooks designed not better than rulesbook of our game.
Therefore we ask to reword this phrase, because it making bad/false imagination about our game/company. We gave our rulesbook to give, to ones who searched for good designed rulesbook, our rulesbook to receive some opinions and to involve our rulesbook into this involuntary competition.

Otherwise we will advise to BGG administration for help in this issue and to impose penalties to your account.

Thank you for your attention and understanding the situation.

Sincerely,
Signumgame team


I'll admit, it's petty for me to rate a game as a 1 due to the actions of developers/designers on Reddit, but it's not against site rules.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
MichaelDyrud wrote:
Kind of hesitant to necro a dead thread, but it looks like they're back at it again.

LegendsOfSignum wrote:
Hello Michael,

After reviewing your mention about our game:

"Publisher spammed links to rules in Reddit thread about best rulebooks, completely off topic self-promotion"

We can answer that this is false information.
Spamming is the use of messaging systems to send an unsolicited message (spam), especially advertising, as well as sending messages repeatedly on the same site.

First of all this wasn't spam, because this message was sent only once.
The second important thing is about "completely off topic self-promotion".
The topic opened in reddit was devoted to beatiful designed rulesbooks which was requested by post creator. Most of users gave links to rulesbooks designed not better than rulesbook of our game.
Therefore we ask to reword this phrase, because it making bad/false imagination about our game/company. We gave our rulesbook to give, to ones who searched for good designed rulesbook, our rulesbook to receive some opinions and to involve our rulesbook into this involuntary competition.

Otherwise we will advise to BGG administration for help in this issue and to impose penalties to your account.

Thank you for your attention and understanding the situation.

Sincerely,
Signumgame team


I'll admit, it's petty for me to rate a game as a 1 due to the actions of developers/designers on Reddit, but it's not against site rules.


It isn't, but I'm damned sure that what those arseholes just did is. Certainly hope BGG admin imposes penalties on them.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Otherwise we will advise to BGG administration for help in this issue and to impose penalties to your account.


Ummm...no. We would not impose penalties to your account over something like this.
13 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.