Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The programmed instruction format of the rulebook is fine while you are learning the game. I find, however, that such a rulebook is a bit of pain when trying to look up a rule. Admittedly, the PDF version does make searching for keywords easier.

I've come up with a draft of the Standard Rules without the programmed instruction which fits into 5 pages. I need to proofread it.

Would anyone be interested in helping me proofread it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Ross Spurgeon
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll proof read it.

My thoughts are similar, I think. When coming back to the game after several months, I often forget 'our' Standard game (modifications on the Standard game for two-players).

I have been working on a Solo game where a(n) Channel Island is formed at game Set-up, using only costal tiles. Santa Cruz Island, largest of the Channel Islands was connected to the mainland some 10 thousand years or so ago. Peoples followed pigmy elephant and other large prey, most likely, and inhabited these islands.

Much later, Island peoples, the Michumash and Chumash Indians were consumed by progress. Explorers, settlers, Priests, and some bad weather all but completely assimilated/killed out these peoples.

Make the Island (will form the same shape as modern Santa Cruz). Tiles used: 1) Santa Cruz, San Francisco, Santa Lucia, Punta Conception. Some likely players (cards): Cabrillo, S. Vizcaino, Gaspar de Portola, Father Vizacaino, Father Palou. In opposition to Chumash or Tongua tribe cards.

Nothing much developed/tested out on the game play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Robertson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
saxophone wrote:
The programmed instruction format of the rulebook is fine while you are learning the game. I find, however, that such a rulebook is a bit of pain when trying to look up a rule. Admittedly, the PDF version does make searching for keywords easier.

I've come up with a draft of the Standard Rules without the programmed instruction which fits into 5 pages. I need to proofread it.

I was just thinking of rewriting the rules and/or a better quick reference so would love to read yours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Wong
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stephen_bris wrote:
saxophone wrote:

I was just thinking of rewriting the rules and/or a better quick reference so would love to read yours.

PM me with your email address, and I’ll send you what I have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.