5 Posts

Steampunk Rally» Forums » Variants

Subject: Ways to add more player interaction??? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kats
United States
flag msg tools
I have researched this game quite a bit and am waiting to get it in the mail. I really like the speed of drafting in 7 wonders with everyone going at the same time. But, in doing the research, I have come across a lot of people complaining about MP solitaire mostly. I thought of ideas to add more as an option since all racing has some crashing or at least rubbing.

example: If a player is behind and lands on the same place as someone else he "knocks" a cog off that person's machine and takes it. And, if he passes them to pull ahead, he knocks off 2 (if they have no cogs to pay then they knock off a part or take 1 damage). This would add more player interaction and have the bonus of giving a bonus to playing quickly to either get out of the way or pull ahead. I haven't played yet, but this seems viable. What do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron S
United States
Ventura
California
flag msg tools
I don't remember what I ate last night
badge
but I can spout off obscure rules to all sorts of games like nobody's business!
mbmbmbmbmb
bkats wrote:
I have researched this game quite a bit and am waiting to get it in the mail. I really like the speed of drafting in 7 wonders with everyone going at the same time. But, in doing the research, I have come across a lot of people complaining about MP solitaire mostly. I thought of ideas to add more as an option since all racing has some crashing or at least rubbing.

example: If a player is behind and lands on the same place as someone else he "knocks" a cog off that person's machine and takes it. And, if he passes them to pull ahead, he knocks off 2 (if they have no cogs to pay then they knock off a part or take 1 damage). This would add more player interaction and have the bonus of giving a bonus to playing quickly to either get out of the way or pull ahead. I haven't played yet, but this seems viable. What do you think?
Given the fact that the race phase is typically played simultaneously, I don't think this would work very well. I suggest playing the game a few times before trying to fix things that may not be a problem for you and your group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player interaction has been intentionally confined to the draft and certain events during the Vent Phase, because otherwise timing gets a little odd during the race phase, as Byron has correctly anticipated.

If you have a small player count, you may find your house rules work better if players take turns during the race phase. (In a large player count this will result in a very long game.)

The upcoming expansion (details to be released soon!) has found a few more ways for the players to interact... you're not the only one craving more of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hartnett
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I want to be able to blue shell people lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kats
United States
flag msg tools
I have played a few times now and I do like it. However; the race track is really more of a score tracker with a few effects from the mountains or the certain places if your movement stops there. I thought it would at least feel like there is more interaction while racing as compared to building wonders in 7 wonders, but not really. There is much better engine building decisions and action orders, however.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls