Popular Tags: [View All]
MandatoryQuest
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
They call him Cuban Pete..
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all

Had my first play through of the new TMG version last night and loved the game, however it felt like the 1st player had a significant advantage in a 4 player game. I was the 1st player and getting to be 1st in two rounds rather than 1 (and especially the last round) felt very powerful to me. It meant i got to engineer a very big last round with multiple characters and nobody could mess with me. I did come last in all previous rounds but rocketed forward to win with my last show which was my strategy from the get go.

Anyone else found similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
Pugs are like little people in fur coats.
badge
If it's not a Pug, it's just a dog.
mbmbmbmbmb
TheRealDC wrote:
Hello all

Had my first play through of the new TMG version last night and loved the game, however it felt like the 1st player had a significant advantage in a 4 player game. I was the 1st player and getting to be 1st in two rounds rather than 1 (and especially the last round) felt very powerful to me. It meant i got to engineer a very big last round with multiple characters and nobody could mess with me. I did come last in all previous rounds but rocketed forward to win with my last show which was my strategy from the get go.

Anyone else found similar?
No I haven't.

From what you've written here it seems to me your strategy of building toward a climactic end was what won you the game, not that you got to go first in two of the 5 rounds.

Based on how the game rounds go, I'm not sure what you mean when you say this: "i got to engineer a very big last round with multiple characters and nobody could mess with me." and how going first in two rounds matters. You can do this going second or third or last in the first round. Which goes back to why I said, it seems you played better and that's why you won, and you didn't win because you went first.

Here are some good replies to some threads I found from someone who says they've played the game over 60 times. Also read the rest of the replies this person made in that thread
https://boardgamegeek.com/article/26894024#26894024
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MandatoryQuest
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
They call him Cuban Pete..
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the response and that thread clears some stuff up. Looks like it was just an over reaction to what at the time felt more significant. Looking forward to getting more plays in as I really like the theme and flow of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls