Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
The goal is to win; but we play to have fun - Me <-- I said that.
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently purchased this game and hope to play it tonight. Any game that comes out fans invariably create their own 'house' rules and variants.

A 'house' rule that seems popular is the Alien's move once. Then optionally move again or attack, but not both. One thing is does is keep the aliens from attacking each and every round. Tonight is our first game and I'm curious as to your thoughts on this rule.

Poll
Do you use the rule:

1) The alien player must move once, then optionally move again or attack but not both.

2) The alien player does, as per the rules, get one extra move for killing their first human. In that even then the rule would be: The alien player must move one or two spaces; then optionally, the alien player may choose to move again or attack but not both.
Never it imbalances the game
Only when the humans can't use items
Sometimes, if the Aliens win too often
Always it keeps the Aliens from moving and attacking every turn
Other - I'll explain below
      7 answers
Poll created by Ken at Sunrise

Thank you every one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kapish
United States
Brunswick
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Total unplayed games in my collection: 15
Microbadge: Dice Throne Season 2 fanMicrobadge: Star Realms fanMicrobadge: Champions of Midgard fanMicrobadge: Epic fanMicrobadge: Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game Fan
“Other” for me. I prefer playing with developed, tested, and published rule sets, especially on first plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob McArthur
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play with the published rules and they’re fine. Some aliens will try to game the system by revealing themselves early, but then the humans simply need to use that information to their advantage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Santa Ragione
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
robmcarthur2001 wrote:
I play with the published rules and they’re fine. Some aliens will try to game the system by revealing themselves early, but then the humans simply need to use that information to their advantage.
<3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls