Thumb up
1 Posts

Carrom» Forums » Rules

Subject: Exact rules of Pinnochi / Pichenotte ? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark McEvoy
flag msg tools

I've had an old Pichenotte board in my basement for a while and I picked up some rings for it yesterday. What I'm most curious about, though, is if anyone knows exactly how "Pichenotte" is supposed to be played (and its differences from Carrom). I've seen plenty of different rulesets for Carrom itself - seems the Indian game is 9 pieces a side, plus a Queen that can be potted anytime but must be 'covered' to stay down, while the US game has 12 pieces a side and a black piece that is worth extra points but seemingly need not be 'covered' to be scored, and then there's the Scottville variant which seems like 8-ball (pocket the black ring *after* all the others of your side)...

All of which seem different (if only subtly) from the Pichenotte described in Wikipedia, which claims 11 pieces a side are used. And the box of rings I bought yesterday has me further confused - it contained 12 Blue, 12 Red, 1 White, 1 Black, and four Wood (IE, unpainted, finished wood). I have no idea what those last four are for.

Does anyone have a "Pichenotte" board and could paraphrase its rules, please?
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.