Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Isakson
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yet another three-player game today, this time of San Juan. I'm still enjoying trying out the different buildings - today, I tried the trading strategy for the first time, and while it took awhile to get going, it eventually paid off but it was a close thing. Jeff tried the Chapel (the first time I've seen it used), and got it out early enough that I think it paid off - not enough to win, but it put him solidly in 2nd.

While I still enjoy the game (after 4 players now), I am becoming slightly concerned with the luck element introduced by the 6-point buildings (and their associated bonuses) being so rare that it comes down to luck of the draw. It could have been inexperience with the game, but Susan would likely have won if she'd have been able to draw the Triumphal Arch . . .

Not a big problem, but something I'm going to have to keep an eye on and see if it continues to nag at me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.