GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,367 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Gloomhaven: Forgotten Circles» Forums » General

Subject: Forgotten Reading - A Gloomhaven Story rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cassandra the Open Eye
msg tools
mb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZz5U9kKJyc&t

I'm sorry if there are any mistakes, as english is not my native language. Also for possible cringeworthy moments during the reading.
For those of you, who would rather read it for themselves out of preference or if they are impaired in their hearing, here is the story.
All characters used in this story are from people who wrote to Cassandra in character during the puzzle event.
There is going to be a part two with a spoiler warning, since I'm going to use characters from unlockable classes, but part 1 is spoiler free. I'm going to post part two into this thread once it's finished.
I hope you enjoy my little story.

The air in Gloomhavens streets was in turmoil. Strange currents rubbed against each other, like the tentacles of a chtonic monster. Hot and dry air from the burning mountain, cold and damp mists from the sea, noxious fumes from the swamp, battling each other for supremacy.
The magically gifted souls in the city cringed with fear at the sign of elemental unrest. What would happen, when water, earth and fire decided to join the fray, fighting themselves and each other.
The trees in the sanctuary of The Great Oak were creaking ominously, filling the priests minds with dark foreboding. The boldest of captains looked sceptically across the harbor onto the open sea and turned to the soothing lights of the taverns, shaking their heads in doubt. In one of these taverns, a strange band of people was drawn together by the lure of the Open Eye.

On this particular evening, the Sleeping Lion is full of patrons, trying to drown their agitation in alcohol.
Jinara, usually on the lookout for less honorable work, is talking eagerly to an Inox, whose trained dogs are cowering at his feet, baring their teeth and growling at the invisible, magical storm. She is telling him of her recent, life-changing experiences, which made her want to venture out into the dangers to come. He in turn tries to describe in simple words, the disturbing woman he met on the street, bearing strange markings on her skin and talking to him in riddles.
Jinara tilts the candle, illuminating the carving of an eye on the table.
As the Inox grunts in consent, a small, carved wooden bear is put beside the eye, by a slender, nimble fingered hand. The young woman that always sits alone, weighing the purses of the passers-by in an unobtrusive way, asks: “Can you explain to me, why I have been marking my figurines with this symbol for the last few hours, without wanting to and thinking strange thoughts?“
“I think, the strange thoughts are not strange at all. But it is not healthy, not healthy at all, to talk about the strange thoughts in your head“, a squeaky voice joins the discussion, “Danger looks at you, through the eye in the puddle.“
“You’re talking about the swirly eye, aren’t you? The one that seems to be connected to these visions, people have been having“, a Quatryl jumps leisurely onto a barstool close to the table, “Name’s Harrix. I have been wondering about this sign as well. Even happened upon an abandoned shrine while looking for clues. When I had finally broken through the rubble, I was teleported to a strange realm and letters and numbers filled my head. I woke up in my room, no idea how I got there.“
The rest of the night this curious group of adventurous souls share drinks, tales, speculation and laughter, relieving the stress of the days gone by and deciding to solve this strange puzzle together.
They know not of the dangers, they will venture through together, the other curious souls they will meet, starting right here in this very tavern. To them, it is a safe haven…for now.

Good night everybody <3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Thomas
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul T.
United Kingdom
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Part 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.