GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,656 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Axis Empires: Totaler Krieg!» Forums » Rules

Subject: Declaring war rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Have just set up Scenario A3 Fall of France.

The Axis Option cards allow a declaration of war against one neutral in the option card segment. Since under any circumstance this could have been done in the War & Peace segment at the end of the prior turn, does the option card present any benefits in this context (beyond the choice to roll on the Diplomatic Incident table instead of declaring war).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mcszarka wrote:
Have just set up Scenario A3 Fall of France.

The Axis Option cards allow a declaration of war against one neutral in the option card segment. Since under any circumstance this could have been done in the War & Peace segment at the end of the prior turn, does the option card present any benefits in this context (beyond the choice to roll on the Diplomatic Incident table instead of declaring war).

Declaring in the War and Peace segment gives the opponent an entire turn to reinforce the minor you declared on with their own troops. For example: Declare on the Lowlands and you'll find the french dug in along the swampy terrain. But if you instead use an option card you only have to fight the two small lowlands forces in that same terrain, and get through it easily in a single turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, because the War & Peace segment would happen at the end of the Axis player turn, not the end of the turn. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.