GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,442 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Bios: Megafauna (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Adding new cards to a Cheshire Cat Personality? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Zeigler
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Anticipating a situation I expect to see in the playthrough I'm currently blogging . . .

Suppose a given species has two or more promoted Mutations that form a Personality, with some Emotions already in place. Now (presumably due to a Mutagen or Radiation event) some of the promoted Mutations lose all of their cubes, creating a Cheshire Cat situation.

Is it the case that I can still add more promoted Mutations to that personality, so long as the usual rules about matching heads to tails continue to hold? The fact that some pieces of that Personality no longer have any associated cubes is not relevant?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JFZeigler wrote:
Anticipating a situation I expect to see in the playthrough I'm currently blogging . . .

Suppose a given species has two or more promoted Mutations that form a Personality, with some Emotions already in place. Now (presumably due to a Mutagen or Radiation event) some of the promoted Mutations lose all of their cubes, creating a Cheshire Cat situation.

Is it the case that I can still add more promoted Mutations to that personality, so long as the usual rules about matching heads to tails continue to hold? The fact that some pieces of that Personality no longer have any associated cubes is not relevant?
You are correct. The rules for adding to an existing personality do not distinguish between a personality with and without cubes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Zeigler
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
Excellent, thank you. That was how I was reading the rules, but I couldn't find any explicit statement or example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Gastonguay
United States
Pottstown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Act Three! Everybody Dies!
mb
Hooray! You're still continuing! I'm still enjoying reading your posts.

Who knew the story of "Mars Bugs" and Flatworms could be so entertaining?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Zeigler
United States
Odenton
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
CthulhuKid wrote:
Hooray! You're still continuing! I'm still enjoying reading your posts.

Who knew the story of "Mars Bugs" and Flatworms could be so entertaining?

Yep, in fact I've finished the Bios: Megafauna playthrough and started blogging that as well. Yes, the rules question at the start of this thread was relevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.