GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,176 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Finna
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Martins
Canada
Mississauga
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I don't think the PNP does the game justice. The PNP was ok but the full game is so much better for me... if I was judging just on the PNP, then I likely would not have bought it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
João Menezes
Brazil
Rio de Janeiro
RJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but with a big caveat.

The most interesting thing about this game, for me, is its huge scope and epicness and the pnp wont give you a taste of that.

But it will show you how game works and the skill check mechanisms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BJM
United States
Meridian
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think it's a pretty good taste of the game, but definitely fails to capture the full grandure.

Make sure to use the Alpha Rulebook with the demo. Also read these two updates from the 1st Kickstarter for some clarification on what changed for the final game:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1926712971/the-7th-cont...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1926712971/the-7th-cont...

One last note: there is one puzzle in the PnP that requires some very lateral thinking. The final game doesn't include anything that abstract, so don't be put off by it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lou Lessing
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The PNP was enough for me, and a lot of other people to see the potential, but... No. It really doesn't.

As has been said, the appeal of this game is largely its scale.

It has some serious problems besides. There's a hidden number that most people's printers can't really handle that ends up being pretty much invisible, and a central puzzle that's way more nonsensical than any puzzle I've encountered so far in the main game.

They've also made the rules clearer, changed the layout of the cards somewhat, changed how movement works... The PNP demo really is a demo, it is quite out of date.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finna
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks all! I'll probably give that a shot even though I'm fairly certain I'm interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.