GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,109 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
32 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Terraforming Mars» Forums » General

Subject: Colonies' promo cards - Lunar Exports, Atmo Collectors, Jovian Lanterns rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools

I am super hyped about Atmo Collectors. I foresee awesome combos...

As Fryxgames responded, the 3 cards will be part of the Colonies expansion.

I don't know from where you can purchase them online though.
If you live in Sweden, you can directly swish to Fryx:
- 80 SEK for the 3 BGG corps (Arcadian Communities, Splice, Recyclon)
- 100 SEK for the 3 BGG corps + 4 previous promo cards + 3 Colonies promo cards (this is what I bought)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
These are probably the 3 promo cards that will be given to the backers of the specific Dice Tower KS promo pack that includes 3 Terraforming Mars promos.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felipe Bulhões
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Are these really promos or a preview of a new expansion(probably the essen release)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub
Czech Republic
Olomouc
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Coiote wrote:
Are these really promos or a preview of a new expansion(probably the essen release)?

These three cards will be included in the 4th expansion, so if you dont need them right now 4 months earlier just wait
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
Yes.

But I would pay 8 euros for the 3 corps (80 SEK) anyway, thus for 2 euros more, I got 7 promo cards I didn't have. Sweet deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BD
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Viximo wrote:
Yes.

But I would pay 8 euros for the 3 corps (80 SEK) anyway, thus for 2 euros more, I got 7 promo cards I didn't have. Sweet deal.

Which promo cards did you get?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
2geminis wrote:
Viximo wrote:
Yes.

Which promo cards did you get?

3 BGG corps (Arcadian Communities, Splice, Recyclon)
4 previous promo cards (Penguins, Self-replicating Robots, Snow Algae, Small Asteroid)
3 new promo cards from the upcoming Colonies (on the picture above)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakub
Czech Republic
Olomouc
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
powerwis wrote:

are the colony promo cards those that where promised for the Tom Vasel Kickstarter ??? i hope not, i paid a lot to get them...

Yes probably. There would be these three or maybe more (as it was advertised on Kickstarter - everybody who will pay for this perk will get promo cards which will be available later for others in 4th expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikard Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
They told me at Lincon they (fryx) only were allowed to sell them within Sweden, so I guess everyone else need to get them the promised way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay B
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Link to info about the new 4th expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry
Greece
flag msg tools
Hoogard wrote:
They told me at Lincon they (fryx) only were allowed to sell them within Sweden, so I guess everyone else need to get them the promised way.

It seems you are right, as I have send them an email asking about them, and they haven't replied at all.

It would be great if they actually wrote so at their contact page though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Fryxelius
Sweden
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Belechael wrote:

Done
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harry
Greece
flag msg tools
Lord_Aethan wrote:
Belechael wrote:

Done

Well done, and for the record, you did reply to my email explaining this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mak Vujanović
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
I don't have Venus Next expansion - can I add "Atmo Collectors" and "Jovian Lanterns" cards in my game if I get these promos?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Parker
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't see why not. These cards can work fine on their own. However, I imagine that they will be much more effective in combination with Venus and/or the other floater cards from the Colonies expansion.

I'm glad these will be in the expansion and not only available as promos/exclusives!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this on one of the promo's pages, but I doubt anyone will see it there.

How are these promos then? Anyone else think they should have been unique promos and not just additional copies of cards that were already going to be coming out as part of an expansion?

To me, these are incredibly disappointing, especially considering I got them just a few days before I got my Colonies preorder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikard Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
motoyugota wrote:
I posted this on one of the promo's pages, but I doubt anyone will see it there.

How are these promos then? Anyone else think they should have been unique promos and not just additional copies of cards that were already going to be coming out as part of an expansion?

To me, these are incredibly disappointing, especially considering I got them just a few days before I got my Colonies preorder.

To me they were only ever presented as "previews", not promos, and that they would be coming later in Colonies expansion. I knew that when buying them. If this wasn't the case for anyone, I could understand why they would be upset.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hoogard wrote:
motoyugota wrote:

To me they were only ever presented as "previews", not promos, and that they would be coming later in Colonies expansion. I knew that when buying them. If this wasn't the case for anyone, I could understand why they would be upset.

They were presented as promos in the Dice Tower kickstarter. It never said they would be the same cards in the expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It says above "these cards will be included in the fourth expansion."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:

Above where? It doesn't say that on the Dice Tower campaign anywhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikard Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
motoyugota wrote:
Hoogard wrote:
motoyugota wrote:

They were presented as promos in the Dice Tower kickstarter. It never said they would be the same cards in the expansion.

That sucks. I'm pretty sure Dice Tower knew what they were getting though, so probably they didn't communicate it properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
motoyugota wrote:
Hoogard wrote:
motoyugota wrote:

Well, technically they are not
One of the cards is cheaper in Colonies, and the IDs are different...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Ronkonkoma
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
Lemur wrote:

Above in this thread.

Although - your issue is with the DT rather than the TM team, obviously, in that case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Boyung
United States
Brookfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lemur wrote:
motoyugota wrote:
Lemur wrote:

Above in this thread.

Although - your issue is with the DT rather than the TM team, obviously, in that case.

Not entirely - they also have referred to them as promos in other places (including other threads here). A preview is not a promo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
motoyugota wrote:
Lemur wrote:

I just went to the Dice Tower Kickstarter Campaign and it actually does state explicitly that these promos were from the next expansion.

Kickstarter wrote:
A pack of 3 new promo cards from an upcoming expansion, from Stronghold Games and FryxGames!

Perhaps you didn't understand what was written, but it clearly indicated that the promos were from the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.