GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,707 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Empires of the Void II» Forums » Rules

Subject: Finished First 2 player Game.. Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Knott
United States
Blacksburg
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a blast. Actually came down to a tiebreaker and I won, so that was exciting...

A few questions..

1) When losing a battle, do allies recruited units get eliminated or just go back to the closest controlled location with everyone else?
2) When losing an ally due to falling behind on influence, do you lose recruited allied units?
3) When conquering a planet, do you gain the resources in orbit also?
4) After conquering a planet, you can still put influence on the subjugated race to gain them as an ally?
5) When capturing an opposing players planet, do you get a VP for a battle victory if there were no units to battle?
6) During the Move/Battle phase, can you move more than one group of units to different locations provided you have the command points?
7) Can a group move to a location, battle, and continue to move if they have enough command points?

That's all I can think of for now...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an awesome game, isn't it? I'm currently obsessed. Here are some answers for you:

Javaslinger wrote:
1) When losing a battle, do allies recruited units get eliminated or just go back to the closest controlled location with everyone else?

Recruited ally units are now part of your army. They retreat with everyone else.

Javaslinger wrote:
2) When losing an ally due to falling behind on influence, do you lose recruited allied units?

Nope. As above, if you recruited them, they're now your units.

Javaslinger wrote:

Yes.

Javaslinger wrote:
4) After conquering a planet, you can still put influence on the subjugated race to gain them as an ally?

Yes. If you attack a planet where you already have influence, you lose it. But you may certainly gain influence after you've gained control. Note that if you lose control and then take it back, you will, again, lose your influence there. Also, you can influence planets where you have no control

Javaslinger wrote:
5) When capturing an opposing players planet, do you get a VP for a battle victory if there were no units to battle?

No. The battle victory point is only for battles.

Javaslinger wrote:
6) During the Move/Battle phase, can you move more than one group of units to different locations provided you have the command points?

No. Sadly. The move and attack action allows you to move ONE fleet (i.e., as many units as you want that start on the same space) as far as your command will allow you to go. But you cannot move multiple fleets, even if you have the command.

Javaslinger wrote:
7) Can a group move to a location, battle, and continue to move if they have enough command points?

No. Battles are only initiated when you END movement in a space where there are units to fight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Smith
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DMountford wrote:

Javaslinger wrote:

No. Sadly. The move and attack action allows you to move ONE fleet (i.e., as many units as you want that start on the same space) as far as your command will allow you to go. But you cannot move multiple fleets, even if you have the command.

A slight correction, you can pick up extra units along the way, but you can't send units in different directions, they all have to end movement in the same place.

From the rulebook page 10:
"First, choose a number of your units in one region to move. This is called a group...
The group may pick up any of your units it meets at it moves.
The group may not drop off units and continue moving."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Mountford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, THAT'S cool! I missed that. Hmmm ....

Oh, the possibilities ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean M
Australia
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DMountford wrote:

Javaslinger wrote:

Yes.
Really? Is this somewhere in the rule book?

DMountford wrote:
Javaslinger wrote:

Thank you I didn't realise this either!
DMountford wrote:

Javaslinger wrote:

No. Battles are only initiated when you END movement in a space where there are units to fight.

Or This!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leigh McGavin
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Xaliba wrote:
DMountford wrote:

Javaslinger wrote:

Yes.
Really? Is this somewhere in the rule book?

Yep, page 11.

Rulebook wrote:
Is there a goods token?
If so, after any battles, claim the token and save
it for later use. If you take control of
the surface of a large planet, you can
also claim any goods token in orbit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.