GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,416 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
14 Posts

Dragonfire» Forums » General

Subject: Con Promos? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Meike
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here. Move along.
badge
Ah flotes muh armees atchu!
mbmbmbmbmb
*The night mist rolls through the city as you stand under the lamp post, a circle of light in a dark place. You notice some movement from the alley nearby, at first thinking it was just the cat that jumped off the trash can, but then you can just make out a humanoid shape through the mist, beckoning you over. Checking to see that no one is watching, you make your way across the street into the alley, following them further into the darkness. Once the figure is sure no one is watching or listening, they lean in real close to you...*

"So youse mugs want da con promos but can't make da cons?"

*Hesitantly, you nod, not sure where this orc picked up a Chicago mobster accent...*

"Got a hot tip for ya. Hoof it over ta yer usual game joint. Ask 'em ta order a retail Adventure Kit from their distributors. Ya didn't hear dis from me, capiche?"

*The orc pulls up the collar on its trenchcoat and sidles out of the alley, leaving you to think about whether to trust this lead or let it slide. In this city, anything is possible, and your promo hunt has only just begun...*

(Seriously. Ask your FLGS to order an Adventure Kit. Having just come back from Origins Game Fair, that's all I'm saying for now.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SOME MUSTARD
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
So..... i see the term FLGS all over the place but have no clue what it means. i assume the GS stands for game store?

Also, thanks for the tip.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Principia

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SOME MUSTARD wrote:
So..... i see the term FLGS all over the place but have no clue what it means. i assume the GS stands for game store?

Also, thanks for the tip.

FLGS is a standard acronym across BGG, short for Friendly Local Gaming Store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Leroy
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
Can you be more specific? I just asked my FLGS but kind of want to know how hard to push them if they're on the fence. They ordered a launch kit and that's how I got Hidden Treasures.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is similar to the 'launch kit', just for year 2.

Here's the rub. My FLGS is gunshy about this because sales weren't all that brisk for the first round and I'm apparently the only person 'subscribing' to the content.

So... Boo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked my store yesterday. They had no idea what it was so we'll see what they come back to me with. I really hope I didn't just order some $100 pile of stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cold_fuzion wrote:
I asked my store yesterday. They had no idea what it was so we'll see what they come back to me with. I really hope I didn't just order some $100 pile of stuff.

$240 actually
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aloha!
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
Meega, nala kwishta!
badge
AAGH! YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
cold_fuzion wrote:

$240 actually

Yup. They called me. They have one on order for the store already so I told them I wanted one of everything that was in it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Meike
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What I am comfortable saying up front is in the Adventure Kit:

3 copies of Moonshae Storms Campaign (2 for sale, one for the store to show off... or do what they want with it, really);
2 copies of the adventure A Corruption in Calimshan; and
2 copies of Heroes of the Wild, introducing the Barbarian and Sorcerer classes to the game.

But if you were interested in other stuff... **eyes the title of the thread, shrugs**

...then you should get your FLGS to order the kit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twoeyedjack wrote:

3 copies of Moonshae Storms Campaign (2 for sale, one for the store to show off... or do what they want with it, really);
2 copies of Heroes of the Wild, introducing the Barbarian and Sorcerer classes to the game.

But if you were interested in other stuff... **eyes the title of the thread, shrugs**

My FLGS hasn't been able to unload the first pack.

The contents of the above do not add up to what is being asked for the pack, so either there are some major promos in there, or you're also paying to be 'first out of the gate'. Sigh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Principia

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
twoeyedjack wrote:

My FLGS hasn't been able to unload the first pack.

The contents of the above do not add up to what is being asked for the pack, so either there are some major promos in there, or you're also paying to be 'first out of the gate'. Sigh.

The math on this makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Let's assume, for the moment, Catalyst is expecting retailers to pay for all 3 copies of Moonshae.

3 x 30 = 90

2 copies of Corruption in Calimshan

2 x 20 = 40

2 copies of Heroes in the Wild

2 x 25 = 50

That's $180 retail worth of product, assuming they sell the 3rd Moonshae copy. For what is a $240 cost to the retailer, per our FLGS.

Either you're leaving a lot of as-yet-unrevealed sellable pack content out, or your quantities are incorrect. I refuse to believe that what should be about $100 cost to the retailer, based on normal wholesale pricing, is being offered at $240. That should equate to $400 worth of product at retail!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Meike
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know where the $240 number is coming from. That's completely wrong according to my FLGS's distributor lists.

Someone's not giving correct prices or is just speculating on the price of the kit. Because it shouldn't be any where near $240.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Principia

Virginia
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
twoeyedjack wrote:
I don't know where the $240 number is coming from. That's completely wrong according to my FLGS's distributor lists.

Someone's not giving correct prices or is just speculating on the price of the kit. Because it shouldn't be any where near $240.

Then maybe their distributor rep has their wires crossed, because our FLGS specifically asked about the kit at our behest and got told that price.

ETA: Visited in-person and saw that their distributor indeed has it listed on the retailers' order site as $250 retail and $250 cost-to-retailer. They're trying to find out what gives (hopefully it's just fat-fingered data entry on the distributor's end).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Meike
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Principia wrote:
twoeyedjack wrote:

Then maybe their distributor rep has their wires crossed, because our FLGS specifically asked about the kit at our behest and got told that price.

ETA: Visited in-person and saw that their distributor indeed has it listed on the retailers' order site as $250 retail and $250 cost-to-retailer. They're trying to find out what gives (hopefully it's just fat-fingered data entry on the distributor's end).

Wow. That is... really weird. Maybe they changed the contents of the kit between Origins and now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.