Joseph Chen
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You asked for more puzzles and we're bringing it to you! Now you can easily create and share your own puzzles by using our amazing Puzzle Factory! You can thank Justin for putting in the hours to get this thing online.

https://pf.fantasticfactories.com/puzzle

How does it work? Show/hide the player board, add blueprints to the compound, and configure your workers/resources. Once you've set things up, you can share your creation by sharing the URL or exporting the puzzle as an image!

We invite you build and share your own creations here in the Play by Forum forum on the Fantastic Factories' page on BoardGameGeek. To do that please follow these instructions:

1 Visit the Puzzle Factory and build up your puzzle!
2 Once you're done with building your puzzle, click the Export Image button and save the puzzle. Also copy the URL.
3 Post a new thread on the Play by Forum forum.
4 Prefix the thread subject with "[PUZZLE]" and give your thread/puzzle a name!
5 Upload the image to your post. Be sure to make it large by adding "large" to the markup (e.g. [imageid=4181350large]).
6 Paste the Puzzle Factory URL for your puzzle into the post as well.

Please check out all the puzzles and be sure to thumbs up the puzzles you've enjoyed!

EDIT: One guideline we recommend to creating a successful and satisfying puzzle is that you only include Production cards (w/ blue banner, manufactures goods) that are used in the final solution. We've discovered that including Production cards that don't get used makes it unclear if you've solved the puzzle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Watson
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks a lot , I have really been enjoying these during the KS updates.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
msg tools
mbmbmb
I have a question: I cannot export the picture of the puzzle. When I press the "Export" button, nothing happens, neither in "Edit" nor in "View" mode. What might I do wrong here? Please advise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Blom
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Munuel1st wrote:
I have a question: I cannot export the picture of the puzzle. When I press the "Export" button, nothing happens, neither in "Edit" nor in "View" mode. What might I do wrong here? Please advise.

Had this too on my Mac running Firefox. Switched to Chrome and it was fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Doe
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for your answer.

It would be great though to have a solution, that does not require me to use a Google-powered browser...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Faulkner
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Remy's right, the image export doesn't seem to work in Firefox on Mac. Sorry about that. I don't see an error message in the console, so it might be hard to fix.

Potential workarounds:

Just take a screenshot (in View mode, so the edit buttons aren't showing up on the cards) (on mac, CMD+SHIFT+4 (optionally +CTRL) and draw rectangle)

or

Copy URL of your completed puzzle to a different browser just for the "Export Image" step

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls