Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: solitaire [+] pnp [+] [View All]
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb

2018 Solitaire Print and Play Contest

The Results Are In!

Please take a moment to log your plays in the GDCR.
If you need help, here are some instructions or you can always feel free to reach out to me directly.
Thank you!

Welcome to the eighth annual Solitaire Print and Play Contest! Last year was a huge success and I'm very excited to see the new designs for this year. All contest information and game entries will be posted in this thread. I'll be keeping this top post updated so everything you need to know will be here. However, I'd encourage you to participate in the forum and get to know the other designers. This is a friendly contest and you'll likely find that people willing to help playtest your game by participating with the other entrants.

This year we will be continuing to allow the admission of older games (Second Edition Games) and will continue the Game-Playing Volunteers that will make sure that every game entered in the contest gets some valuable feedback.

Table of Contents for this Post
Contest Rules
* Important Dates
* Explanation of Contest Dates
* Game Entry Requirements
* GDCR - Game Design Contest Resource
* Entry Limits
* Contest Participation
* Game Licensing
* Game Design
* Game Components
* Second Edition Game Entries
* Game Entries Designed Within Contest Timeline
* Game Submission
* Example Entry Thread
Volunteer Players
* Special Rules for Volunteers
Categories
Voting
Prizes
* Microbadge Award
* General Prizes
* Category Prizes
* Special Prizes
Links
Recommendations
* Vassal Mods
* Adding Your Game to BoardGameGeek
* Help for New Users
License for Contest Rules

Contest Rules
Important Dates
Earliest Date for Games to be Publicly Available: June 18, 2018
Entry Deadline to get volunteer feedback: July 29, 2018
Entry Deadline: September 16, 2018 11:59 PM BGG Time (CST)
Typo Corrections Deadline: September 23, 2018 11:59 PM BGG Time (CST)
Voting Page Available: October 19, 2018
Voting Deadline: October 26, 2018 11:59 PM BGG Time (CST)
Volunteer Feedback Deadline: September 08, 2018
*** These dates are final and supersede any dates listed below ***

Explanation of Contest Dates
Earliest Date for Games to be Publicly Available
This is the earliest date that a game can be made available online and still be eligible for the contest. New games that are going to be entered in the contest may not be made available publicly for download on BGG or other websites prior to June 18, 2018. The purpose of this is prevent some designers from getting months or years of public feedback while others get much less. This also keeps the focus of the contest on new games rather than old designs.

Games released before this date may be entered as “Second Edition” games.

Entry Deadline
Games for the contest must be complete (Contest Ready) by August 26, 2018. Any game that is not Contest Ready by this date will not be eligible for the contest and will be removed from the entry list. No new games may be entered after this date.

While last minute entries are allowed, I encourage you to use the full design period to allow more time for playtest feedback so that you create the best game possible.

Typo Corrections Deadline
Games entered in the contest have a one week buffer period to make corrections in case of typos or minor component errors. After September 02, 2018, the games must remain unaltered for the remainder of the voting period.

Voting Deadline
Votes will be accepted between the dates of September 18, 2018 and September 30, 2018. All votes are due by the Voting Deadline of September 30, 2018. No votes will accepted after this date.

Entry Deadline to get volunteer feedback before the Voting Phase
If you would like your game to get Volunteer Feedback before the Entry Deadline, you must have it in the Components Available phase by July 29, 2018. Volunteers will play your game and provide feedback by August 12, 2018 which gives you nearly a month before the entry deadline in which to make any improvements based on their feedback. Games that are in the Component Ready Phase after July 29, 2018 may still get feedback before the Entry Deadline, but there is no guarantee.

Volunteer Feedback Deadline
For those interested, volunteers can be assigned to playtest your game and provide feedback. You will need to have your game in a playable state by July 29, 2018. Volunteers assigned to your game will play it and provide feedback by no later than August 12, 2018. This will give you time to make changes before the entry deadline.

Game Entry Requirements
This contest should be purpose-designed solitaire play games. Multi-player or co-op options are allowed but the primary focus of the game should be for solo play. A good example is Onirim, which has a two player option, but was primarily designed to be enjoyed by one.

The games should have a decision tree or a way for players to react to the randomness. Games should not be decided (won or lost) regardless of player action (ala Klondike). Also, games should not be two-player games in which the player must play both sides (i.e. A Victory Lost)

To be eligible for the main contest prize, the games entered in this contest need to be new. New games must meet the following criteria:
The game cannot have been entered in a previous contest. Games that were entered in other contests but not completed (i.e. Withdrawn or Incomplete Entries) are still eligible to be entered in this contest.
The game cannot be publicly offered for download on BGG, a WIP Thread, or other websites prior to the Earliest Date for Games to be Publicly Available. The game may be described and discussed online so long as it is not actually available for download.
Games cannot be entered into the Solitaire Contest and other concurrently running PNP design contests. After the solo contest ends, you are free to enter your game in other contests provided it is allowed in their respective rules.

This year, the contest will accept games that were entered into previous contests (or publicly shared in WIP threads) with components. Previously released games are not eligible for the main contest prize but are eligible for the category prizes. These games are considered “Second Edition” and must meet the following conditions:
The games cannot have a game page on BoardGameGeek.
The designer must make significant improvements to his or her design when entering it as a Second Edition Game. The exact definition of “significant improvement” will be left to the designer, but please try to make sure you are adding something new or fixing problems.

No game entered in the contest may have an entry in the BGG database prior to the start of the contest. Designers are free to create a BGG entry later in the contest but may but may not have one earlier.

GDCR - Game Design Contest Resource
This year, all games must be entered into the Game Design Contest Resource (GDCR). In this website, you can select categories for your game, sign up to be a volunteer playtester, mark the games you've played, and vote at the end of the contest. Loading your game into this website is a requirement. It will help me manage the contest more effectively and allow you to more easily alert me to changes in your contest categories, description, etc.

GDCR
GDCR Instructions - 01 Creating a GDCR Account
GDCR Instructions - 02 Adding Your Person Account
GDCR Instructions - 03 Setting GDCR Link Preferences
GDCR Instructions - 04 Adding a Game to the GDCR
GDCR Instructions - 05 Adding Categories in the GDCR
GDCR Instructions - 06 Editing a Game in the GDCR
GDCR Instructions - 07 Finding Game Info in the GDCR
GDCR Instructions - 08 Finding Contest Info in the GDCR
GDCR Instructions - 09 Voting in Polls and Viewing Results
GDCR Instructions - 10 Logging Plays (Interactions) in the GDCR
GDCR Instructions - 11 Final Voting in the GDCR

There is a discussion guild on BGG where you can post questions or comments specifically about the GDCR.

Entry Limits
To help keep the number of games manageable and playable within the voting time limits, there will be a restriction on the number of games entered. Each designer or team of designers is limited to two entries in the contest. This limit includes Second Edition game entries.

Contest Participation
While the end result of the contest is a geekgold prize, the goal of the contest should be to design the best solitaire game possible and help others do the same. The contest is much more enjoyable when you participate with other designers and provide feedback for their designs.

For each game entered in the contest, designers should try to play at least three of the other entries. This will help you meet other designers and you will find that many of them will return the favor and play your game. However, I know that schedule conflicts and other issues may arise so while playing other games is strongly encouraged, it is not a requirement.

When interacting with others, please stay friendly and be kind to each other. This contest is welcoming to everyone. I will not tolerate any racist, sexist, or otherwise bigoted behavior.

Please do not publish or launch a crowdfunding campaign for your entry during the contest timeframe. Once the contest is done, you may take steps to publish your game but please do not do so until voting in the contest has completed. I want to keep the contest fair for everyone and I worry that a Kickstarter campaign (or something similar) could bring a lot of attention to one particular game.

Game Licensing
Designers may release their game under any license they deem appropriate. This can include full Copyright Protection, a Creative Commons license, or release into the Public Domain. The only requirement for the contest is (obviously) that anyone should be able to legally print and assemble their own copies for personal use.

Regardless of license type, the games in this contest must be freely available as PNP for the duration of the contest. Once the contest is over, the designer is free to remove the PNP edition of the game so that the game can be published or sold using a pay-for-PNP model. Designers retain all rights to their games under whatever license is appropriate.

Designers must be legally able to release their game, including the artwork. Artwork should be specifically designed for the game, public domain, or released under a Creative Commons license. When using Creative Commons artwork, please credit the original artist in your rules. Designers must receive permission from the rights holder to use artwork protected by copyright. Games violating copyright may be disqualified from the contest.

Game Design
Other than solitaire play, there are no specific design qualifications for this contest. The game mechanics, theme, and amount of randomness are left to the discretion of the game designers.

Team design work is allowed for this contest. You can have multiple people working on a single game as designers, artists, playtesters, etc.

Game Components
There is no minimum or maximum limit on the number of components or rule length. Designers should be aware that larger games may be built and played by less people and therefore may not receive as many votes as games with smaller and quicker builds. (There is a special category for large games though so they won't be ignored in the voting.)

All games must be printable on regular A4/American Letter Paper. Large format maps and boards are okay as well so long as they can also be printed on A4/Letter paper. (For example, if a designer made a board that was designed to be printed on A3/11x17 paper, they should also provide an alternative where it can be printed on two sheets of A4/Letter paper.) Here is a useful document for determining the margin size of sheets designed to be printed on either A4 or Letter paper.

Designers are free to design whatever components work for their game. If designers want to make games that are Artscow ready or designed to be printed on perforated business cards, etc they are welcome to do so, provided that the game is also available in PDF form.

Circle, hexagonal, and other shaped pieces are allowed. If you are going to create games with difficult to cut pieces, please be aware that not everyone has a good tool to craft these and consider using squares if possible.

Designers can require that players provide a reasonable number of common game components such as cubes, dice, etc.

Second Edition Game Entries
This year, designers may enter a game that was previously entered into another contest or released on a WIP thread with publicly available components before the contest start date. These games are called “Second Edition Games” for this contest. Because these games have by default received more feedback than the new games entered in the contest, they will not be eligible for the main prize. However, they are eligible for the category prizes.

A Second Edition game cannot be entered with no changes from its previously release. Each game must have some significant improvement to the gameplay or mechanics of the game. Simply updating the artwork or clarifying rules is not sufficient to enter a previously released game into this contest. The changes must solve problems with the game or add something new to the gameplay. The exact definition of “significant improvement” is left up to the designer of the game and others should not criticize this decision.

Finally, a Second Edition game must not have an entry in the BGG database previous to the start of this contest. The game may be publicly released in another contest or in a WIP thread but may not have an official BGG page.

Note: If your game was entered into a previous contest but did not have components released, it may be entered in this contest as a regular entry and does not need to be labeled as “Second Edition”.

Game Entries Designed Within Contest Timeline
This category is for for games designed entirely within the timeframe of the contest (June 18, 2018 - August 26, 2018). To be eligible for this category, you can't have done any design work prior to the start of the contest. To enter this category, please let me know that your game meets the qualifications.

Note: Designers are free to start work on their games prior to the start of the contest, so long as no components are shared online. However, games which had design work performed prior to June 18, 2018 are not eligible for this special category.

Game Submission
Games entered in this contest must have a WIP/Entry Thread entered in the Board Game WIP Forum. The first post of this WIP/Entry thread must contain the following:
* A link to the 2018 Solitaire Print and Play Contest (this thread)
* A two or three sentence Game Summary (this will be used in the Entry List)
* An image of the assembled game (more than one is fine but at least one is required). The image may be set up to replicate the game in play.
* Description of components required to play
* Approximate playing time
* Categories in which the game will be competing (i.e. Best Rule Book, Best Area Control, and Best Game by a Returning Designer)
* Approval to have volunteers assigned to play your game
* A link to the original WIP thread (if your game is a Second Edition entry)
* Links to the current game files. Rules and components should be in pdf format. The files can be hosted on your own web server or online storage sites such as Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, etc. The files must be freely available to anyone with the link and users should be able to download them without needing to create an account.

All of the above information will be required in the entry thread. Any other info is at the designer's discretion. Please keep the first post in your WIP/Entry thread updated with links to the current game components and current information about the game.

Please include the current status of your game in the Entry Thread's title. This will help other people know where you feel your game is in the design process.
1. Idea Phase/Initial Playtesting (Private Playtesting. No publicly available printed components yet.)
2. Components Available (Public Playtesting. Printed Components are available. Game may be changed as a result of playtesting.)
3. Contest Ready (Game is complete and ready to be entered. The files cannot be changed outside of typo correction in this status.)

To enter a game in the contest, please post to this thread or email me directly with a link to your WIP/Entry thread. The first post of the Contest Thread will contain a link to all games entered in the contest. To finalize your entry, you must make your game "Contest Ready" by geekmailing me directly or posting to this thread.

Example WIP/Entry Thread
Quote:
Entry Thread for Monsters vs Kids - Components Available
Designed for the 2018 Solitaire Print and Play Contest.

Monsters vs Kids is a solitaire Stratego-style block game. You've got to fight all the monsters coming out of the graveyard before they can ruin your pizza party! The monster movement is dictated by cards so you never know how they are going to attack or fight back. The game was the brainchild of my seven year old daughter.

Carnival contains 54 cards and an A4/Letter sized board. Players must provide 2 six-sided dice and cut out the character pieces.. The game plays in about 30 to 45 minutes.

I'd like the game to be entered in:
Best Returning Designer
Best Rule Book
Best Artwork

I would like volunteers to be assigned to my game if needed.

Download links:
Rules
Game Components
Low Ink Version
Volunteer Players

I’d like to ensure that each entrant receive fair consideration for the voting and also gets feedback for their design - which can be far more valuable than any geekgold prize. To accomplish this, the contest will use volunteer players to play any games that are not getting feedback or players.

I will evaluate the entries in the contest and determine which ones are getting feedback on their own and which ones and which ones need some additional help. If a game doesn’t have a sufficient amount of quality comments, I will assign two or three volunteers to play the game and post feedback and a session report. This will hopefully help the designer make improvements to the game and also increase interest of other players. If a game has received quality playtest feedback from at least 3 to 4 separate people, I will not assign it to a volunteer.

The volunteers will provide constructive criticism about the game and comment on what works well and what doesn't. They'll also provide a brief session report and pictures of the game in play. My hope is that this will help to create interest in the games for other players and that the designers will get feedback from a wide variety of players.

If a game is very large (over 10 pages of components that require cutting), designers will be required to provide one of the following in order to receive feedback.
d10-1 A limited scenario or smaller version of the game that is easier to print and assemble.
d10-2 A vassal module so that volunteers can play the game without using up lots of ink and crafting time.
d10-3 A physical copy of the game mailed to the volunteer.

Important Note for Designers: The Volunteer Program is Opt-In. When entering a game in the contest, you must clearly specify if you will accept volunteer players or if you would prefer not to. I realize that not every designer will want people to be assigned to their game. If you do not opt-in, volunteers will not be assigned to your game.

Important Note for Everyone: The Volunteer Program exists to help games that aren’t generating attention. It is not intended to replace the community playtesting that has always existed in this contest. Please continue to play and comment on games that interest you. Please do not stop playing games just because this program exists.

Volunteers Assignments
The volunteers will be assigned on On July 29, 2018. These volunteers will have two weeks to play your game and should post feedback to your WIP by August 12, 2018. This will give you two weeks to use that feedback to make improvements to the game before the voting deadline.

To participate in the volunteer program, designers must have their game entered with playable PNP components available by July 29, 2018. I cannot guarantee volunteer feedback before the voting phase after this time.

Special Rules for Volunteers
Volunteers will be invited to a special Google Group where game eligibility will be discussed and playing assignments will be made. Volunteers must have a Google account to participate.

Volunteers will be assigned games by me and will not be able to choose specific games. However, volunteers can select one game they are really not interested in playing. For example, if a volunteer really didn't like zombie games, he or she could request to not be assigned a game with that theme.

I will be contacting volunteers before the program begins to make sure they’re still available to be assigned games. There will be a special microbadge for people who volunteer and I will be collecting geekgold donations to award to the volunteers.

Volunteers will be able to vote for their favorite games in a special category only available to them. Volunteers are also eligible to receive the Best Playtester Award.

For info on signing up for the Volunteer Program, see this post.

Categories
There are several categories this year. I’ve organized the categories into “Main Contest Categories” and “Thematic/Mechanic Categories”. The first group is concerned with the overall gameplay, presentation, and build complexity of the game. The second group looks at the game’s themes and mechanics and is somewhat more subjective.

Main Contest Categories
d10-0d10-1 Best Overall Game - Award for the overall contest
d10-0d10-2 Best Original Artwork - Artwork created specifically for the game, either by the designer or another artist
d10-0d10-3 Best Graphic Design - Focuses on layout, aesthetics, and functionality of components. This category allows both original work and existing public domain/creative commons artwork.
d10-0d10-4 Most Innovative Mechanic - Games in this category should have an original mechanic or combination of mechanics
d10-0d10-5 Best Game Playable on an Airline Seat Tray - Game playable in an area approximately 16 inches (40 cm) by 9 inches (23 cm)
d10-0d10-6 Best Rule Book - Best written rules. Also includes rule clarity, layout, and organization
d10-0d10-7 Best Easy to Build Game - Games that can be built by the average PNP builder in 15 minutes or less
d10-0d10-8 Best Regular PNP Build - Games that can be built by the average PNP builder in one hour or less
d10-0d10-9 Best Advanced PNP Build - Games that can be built by the average PNP builder in over one hour. These games will often contain double sided components, non-square pieces, etc
d10-1d10-0 Low Ink printing - Games that look nice and are playable when printed in a minimal amount of ink.
d10-1d10-1 Volunteer Prize - Best game as voted for by the contest volunteer playtesters. Only those who participated in the volunteer program will be eligible to vote in this category.
d10-1d10-2Best Traditional Card, Tarot, or Decktet Game - Games designed to be played primarily with an existing deck
d10-1d10-3 Most Thematic Game - Games where the mechanics are closely alligned with a great theme
d10-1d10-4 Best Game Designed in Contest Timeframe - A game developed entirely after the contest start date
d10-1d10-5 Best Game by a New Designer - A designer with no previous designs in any contest or games previously released
d10-1d10-6 Best Game by a New Solo Designer - A designer that has released other games but never designed a solitaire game before
d10-1d10-7 Best Playtester - Award for the user who offered the best playtester and feedback in the contest

Thematic/Mechanic Categories
These categories will be determined later after we see the types of games that are being entered. A few potential thematic or mechanic categories are:
d10-0d10-1 Best Wargame (Games that simulate a conflict. Could be historical, fantasy, sci fi, etc)
d10-0d10-2 Best Dungeon Crawl (Games that involve character stat development, exploring, treasure hunting, and fighting bad guys. Could be fantasy, sci fi, etc)
d10-0d10-3 Best Worker Placement Category (Games that involve deciding where to place/spend workers or resources to accomplish goals)
d10-0d10-4 Best Area Control (Games that involve maintaining control of certain areas to gain victory points or benefits.)
d10-0d10-5 Best Push Your Luck/Survival (Games in which you must risk progress to continue or decide to forgo a benefit in order to safely bank your progress. Also includes games where you must try to keep a character alive for the duration of a game - such as zombie games)
d10-0d10-6 Best Puzzle/Abstract (Non-thematic games in which you are trying to to solve a puzzle, make connections, capture pieces, etc)
d10-0d10-7 Best Paragraph/Story (Games in which players must make decisions in a Choose Your Own Adventure style by looking up results to their decisions.)
d10-0d10-8

Special Playtesters Prize
Game designers will be able to use the category to recognize the BGG users who provided the most valuable feedback to their games. Each voter may nominate up to three people for this prize.

More information about the categories can be found in the posts below. You may tip the prize pools for individual categories there.

Voting
There will be a full month available for participants to play the games. Aside from a one week window in which typo corrections can be made, no changes to the rules or components will be allowed during the voting period.

The voting page will be posted on September 18, 2018. The voting deadline is September 30, 2018 11:59 PM Central Standard Time.

When evaluating games, players may either print and assemble the games or use any electronic modules provided (such as Vassal or Tabletop Simulator).

Players are not required to play every game in order to vote.

The requirements for voting are as follows:
1 The voter must have a BoardGameGeek account that existed before the voting period began (previous to August 26, 2018).
2 The voter must be an active participant in the contest. This means that the voter must read the rules and provide meaningful feedback to at least three games. The three games should be in addition to games that he or she designed or games which were designed by someone the voter knows personally. The feedback needs to be substantive (i.e. Comments should be more significant than saying something like "great game"). The comments can be questions about the rules, suggestions for improved play, or other insights about the game.
3 Voters are allowed to vote for games they designed. Please try to rank your game honestly compared with the other games.
4 Votes that do not meet these rules will be automatically disqualified and will not be counted.
5 Votes for only one game or other suspicious behavior may be disqualified.
6 If you are not able to meet these requirements due to special circumstances but would still like to vote, please contact me via geekmail to discuss the situation.

Prizes
Microbadge Award
Everyone who designs a game or votes in the contest will receive a 2018 Solitaire Print and Play Contest participant microbadge.
Everyone who actively participates in the Volunteer Program will receive a special microbadge.
Below are the previous contest microbadges for reference:
mb - 2011 Contest
mb - 2012 Contest
mb - 2013 Contest
mb - 2014 Contest
mb - 2015 Contest
mb - 2016 Contest

General Prizes
The prize pool is made up of geekgold from several sources:
Prize from me: 1,000
Tips to this thread: TBD
Tips to Games for Geekgold Fundraising Items: TBD
LINKS TBD
Total in the General Prize Pool: TBD
To contribute to the General Prize Pool, please tip this post.

The general prize pot will be divided up among the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th place winners using a TBD ratio.

Category Prizes
The prize pool for Category Prizes will be from the geekgold tipped to the Category posts in this thread. (Immediately below this post.) Category prizes will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners using a 4:2:1 ratio. A game can potentially win more than one category. For example, the winner of the Best Advanced PNP Build Game may also be the winner of Best Wargame.

Special Prizes
Anyone who wants to offer a special award is welcome to do so. This could be a graphic redesign, a geekgold award for a specific theme, or a professional build. The only thing that wouldn't be appropriate for this contest is an award for best game that can be played multiplayer. As people contribute prizes for special categories, I will add them to the list. However, because we have some many categories, I'd encourage you to donate geekgold to existing category rather than creating special prizes.

2018 Special User Created Prizes
TBD

Links
Fans of the contest can now purchase a microbadge! The badge was designed by Murray Grelis who also made the contest logo.
mb - Fan of the Solitaire Print & Play Contest

Please record which games from the contest you've played so that other players can find the games that need attention easily.
Link Coming Soon

There is a thread to discuss the rules of this contest.
2018 Solitaire Print and Play Contest - Discussion Thread

A list of the games from the Print and Play Solitaire Contest that have been entered into the BGG Database.
2018 Solitaire Print and Play Contest Geeklist
2017 Solitaire Print and Play Contest Geeklist
2016 Solitaire Print and Play Contest Geeklist
2015 Solitaire Print and Play Contest Geeklist
2014 Solitaire Print and Play Contest Geeklist
2013 Solitaire Print and Play Contest Geeklist
2012 Solitaire Print and Play Contest Geeklist
2011 Solitaire Print and Play Contest Geeklist
Solitaire Print and Play Contest Family - This family contains all of the games entered in the contest that now have BGG entries.

External media about the contest:
2017 Interview on Every Night is Game Night about the Contest
Every Night is Game Night - Episode 61

Article on Geekdad featuring an interview with me and a summary of the 2014 contest.
Table for One article on Geekdad.

My interview on the 1 Player Podcast about the 2012 contest.
Direct link to show.
Episode link on the 1 Player podcast episode list geeklist.

My interview on the 1 Player Podcast about the 2013 contest.
Direct link to show.
Episode link on the 1 Player podcast episode list geeklist

Google Hangout Link for the 1 Player Podcast Interview about the 2014 contest.
Direct link to the event

1 Player Podcast Interview about the 2015 contest.
Direct link to the show
Episode link on the 1 Player podcast episode list geeklist

Links to previous contests.
2011 Solitaire Print and Play Contest
2012 Solitaire Print and Play Contest
2013 Solitaire Print and Play Contest
2014 Solitaire Print and Play Contest
2015 Solitaire Print and Play Contest
2016 Solitaire Print and Play Contest

Thematic Solitaires for the Spare Time Challenged designer interviews.
Morten Monrad Pedersen is conducting interviews for designers in this contest. If you are interested in participating, please see this post:
Solitaire Print & Play Contest - Interviews Wanted

Recommendations (Not Required)
Enter your game well before the contest deadline. This will give players plenty of time to play it and you will be able to make improvements based on their feedback.

Games should optimally have a Low Ink alternative so people can try them without using too much printer ink. This could be a version without graphics or a greyscale version.

Games should be as easy to assemble as possible. Designers should be aware that larger and hard-to-build games may be built and played by less people and therefore may not receive as many votes as games with smaller and quicker builds.

Designers should include version numbers or dates to all PNP files and keep track of the latest versions in your WIP thread. You might even keep a brief changelog there.

Designers should check their WIP threads regularly after uploading new files and try to answer rules questions soon. If you know you won’t be available for some time, please leave a note.

Electronic Implementations
Vassal and Tabletop Simulator versions are allowed in this contest and are the preferred method for creating electronic version of the games entered. Designers are free to create electronic versions for their games but must provide PNP components as well. To be clear, building an electron version is optional and is not a requirement for entering the contest.

A few volunteers have offered to make Vassal modules or Tabletop Simulator versions of the games entered into the contest. They will ask for permission from the designer before creating one for a game but the designers can also preemptively explicitly grant or deny permission for others to create electronic versions of their work.

Adding Your Game to BoardGameGeek
Games are not required to be entered into the database to be eligible for the contest, but I’d strongly recommend adding your game when you are ready so that it can be more easily accessible to a wider audience than just those who follow this contest. When the game is in the database, you can host files directly on the game’s page or link to them on a remote server from the Web Links section.

Games from this contest should only be added by the designer or by others with the designer’s permission.

For full instructions on adding your game to the database, please see this post: Adding Your Game to BGG

When submitting a game from the contest to the database, please add it to the Solitaire Print and Play Contest Family. The family id is 19564.

Help for New Users
I prepared a FAQ for users who are new to BGG but want to enter a game in the contest. I've seen a lot of the same questions asked many times so hopefully this will be helpful to get people up to speed so they can focus on their game design and not on learning BGG.

Design Contest FAQ for New Users

Topics:
01. Where to Find Contest Rules
02. Creating an Entry Thread
03. BGG Formatting
04. Creating Links to Your Entry Thread
05. Adding Your Entry to a Contest Geeklist
06. Editing a Post and Updating the Title
07. Linking to External Sites (for game components)
08. Adding Pictures to Your Entry Thread
09. Subscribing to Your Entry Thread and Seeing New Replies
10. Replying and Quoting Other Posts
11. Optional: Buying an Avatar
12. Optional: Adding Your Game to BGG
13. Optional: Adding Your Game to the Contest Family
14. Optional: Adding Yourself as a Designer
15. Optional: Thumbing and Giving Geekgold to Posts
16. Optional: Choosing a License for Your Game
17. Optional: Free Art Resources for Your Game
18. Optional: Adding Your Game Entry to the Quickbar
19. Optional: Free and Affordable Resources for Creating artwork on your PC or Mobile Device

License for Contest Rules
The contest rules are released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. You are free to use and modify the rules for your own noncommercial contests or other projects. Please credit Chris Hansen as the original author when using these rules. This license applies only to the contest rules. It does not extend to the games entered or to the individual posts made on the contest thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Entries List

The entries list is generated from data in the GDCR. Please use that resource to enter your game in the contest and keep its information up to date. Instructions can be found in the GDCR Guild. Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

Contest Ready

20 Years (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Catz1987 (BGG) (GDCR)
20 Years is a rollandwrite game of city building and resource management with light polyomino elements and a backstory set in foregone medieval times. It is played over a series of 20 turns, or game years. The aim is to build 5 magical towers around your realm, but for that you will need to roll, build, trade and slash your way to victory.

Access Denied (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Greg Love (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Greg Love (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
You are part of a team of three elite Infiltrator Agents, tasked by your shadowy employers with infiltrating the Advanced CyberDynamics Corporation complex, and stealing as much industrial technology data as possible. ACD is world leader in robotics technology, and their precious technical data is locked in computer terminals and protected by firewalls antihacking protection. The more data you steal, the more credits your team will be paid. Credits are also stored in corporate safes, and cracking these open will boost your pay. How far will you push your luck?

Apocalypse Garden (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Chris Backe (BGG) (GDCR)
Well, the end of the world came and went. As one of the worlds preppers, you survived. In this oneplayeronly resource management game, youll need to ask the ageold question: how does your garden grow? Those ration packs wont last forever, after all. Grow your vegetables, protect them from intruders, and dont starve!

Around the World in Eighty Days (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Iffix Y Santaph (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Iffix Y Santaph (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Janine Viglietti (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Help Phileas Fogg and his traveling companions circumnavigate the globe in 80 days via precise planning using a reduced deck of standard playing cards. With no cutting, this game is truly print and play for 1 to 2 players.

Asteroid Field. Chaotic Solo Card Game. (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
Designed by: Toni Espinosa (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Toni Espinosa (BGG) (GDCR)
Asteroid Field is a solo card game which uses a chaotic mechanic. You are a miner spaceship computer and have to cross a dangerous space zone.

Bargain Basement Bathysphere (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
With Design and Art by: Scott Slomiany (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
You have recently become the owners of the leakiest bathysphere this side of Beachside Bay...but that doesnt stop your sense of adventure when it comes to exploring the depths Well, unless you dont make it back to the surface.

Battle Drill (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Gottardo Zancani (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Gottardo Zancani (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Digital Version Available on Vassal
A solitaire game of Company level combat in WW2.

Battle for the Carolinas (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Frank (BGG) (GDCR)
Inspired by Palm Island, Battle for the Carolinas is a solitaire, handheld card game set during the Revolutionary War. Your goal is to build your army and gain supplies in order to defeat the British at Cowpens and Kings Mountain.

Below Mars (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
Designed by: Adrian Pillai (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Adrian Pillai (BGG) (GDCR)
Below Mars is a single player, small-footprint, variable set-up (for length & difficulty), sci-fi themed pattern puzzle game. Caught in a seismic event, you find yourself trapped underground on Mars, cut off from any rescue. Your only hope, you have to dig your way out.

Bill 1964 (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Eric Miller (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Navigate the legislative process using only a traditional deck of cards.

Blade In The Dark (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Tony Lazer (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Tony Lazer (BGG) (GDCR)
A solitaire dice game of infiltration and assassination in feudal Japan. In Blade In The Dark, players take on the role of a ninja assassin who carries out increasingly dangerous contracts for gold and experience. The object is to survive through 6 contracts with enough gold in reserve to retire.

Blood Donation (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: danck147 (BGG) (GDCR)
An educational and timekilling puzzle game which could by played with only a set of poker cards.

Card Capture (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Lucas Gentry (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Card Capture is a deck builder, using only a standard deck of playing cards. Your goal: Dont let any of the enemy agents Aces and face cards escape. Your tools: The smallest cards in the game, and the jokers.

CIRCE'S LABYRINTH (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Giampiero Randazzo (BGG) (GDCR)
Like modern Ulysses you have arrived on the island of Circe which welcomes you into her home, full of care for you. When the time comes to go, she will stop you and you will have to find a way to get around her cares and take the path of freedom.

The Cleaner (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
Designed by: Martin Gonzalvez (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Designed by: Janine Viglietti (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Janine Viglietti (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Digital Version Available on Tabletop Simulator
You are the Cleaner. Your goal is to clean as much crime scene evidence as you can, before the police arrive. Successfully clean three crime scenes without getting caught, to become the greatest Cleaner in the city.

CRYSTALLO (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Liberty Kifer (BGG) (GDCR)
A lightweight, fantasy-themed puzzle game using cards and gems. Free the magical creatures from the dark cavern and vanquish the Black Dragon that trapped them there!

Detective challenge (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Dragoslav Obucinski (BGG) (GDCR)
Do you think that you are so good that you can take over the murder case If your answer is yes, try this challenge. Become a detective and send the criminals to jail. This game is conceived as a detective game with cards. In the game the player gets a case of murder and attempts to resolve the case by following clues and evidences. After completing the challenge, you will be ranked on the scale according to the points.

Dungeon Cruller (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Brian Garthwaite (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Dungeon delvers, deep down, demand delicious doughnuts! Build a successful underground catering business to feed the hungry hordes descending into the depths before they loot the place and never return. Can you build your retirement nest egg before the doughnut demand dries up?

Evolution Island (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
Designed by: Aleksandar Saranac (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: LaZar Stanojevic (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Marko Stamatovic (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
The Island rose from the sea, growing quickly. Its high mountains, dense forests, vast plains and burning deserts attracted animals: insects, amphibians, birds and mammals. Will one island be able to sustain it all Evolution island is a tile managing and card drafting board game for 1 player aged 12 and up, that can be played in 20 to 30 minutes.

The Fall of the Vizulli (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: E. Nate Kurth (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
The Fall of the Vizulli is a spellcasting solitaire game of strategy and retribution. You are the last surviving member of your clan, a runewielder, who has vowed to destroy the corrupt body of casters, the Vizulli, that rules the world of magic. Find your strength, weave your rune magic, defeat your enemies, and bless the world with magic unfettered by greed and lies!

The Generator (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: FreedomBun (BGG) (GDCR)
You control 4 Marines protecting the only generator left thats fueling the last human city. Protect the generator from threats like the Zhenoms or even each other

Geographical Society (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Dragoslav Obucinski (BGG) (GDCR)
In the middle of the XIX century, one hot summer evening in the city of Cacak Serbia, Europe, at the club of the Serbian Geographical Society, there was a debate on who could explore the last unexplored territories on the planet Earth. From the initial conversations emerged a great debate, because the famous citizen Tanasko offered a bet to other citizens: that he would personally explore these last unexplored territories. His bet was accepted and everything was ready for a great adventure You are taking over the role of citizen Tanaska. You must organize an expedition and lead your team well through unexplored territories. For beginning you wisely choose your associates. Your choice has to be wise that results would be as good as possible.

Grazing Sheep (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Gregg Jewell (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Designed by: Mark Tuck (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Mark Tuck (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
A 1 page roll and write gane. Your task is to help the sheep eat as much grass as they can over four fields.

Guildhaven City (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Mike Heim BGG kzinti (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Guildhaven City is a 72-page comic-style PnP, legacy, tactical combat game set in the Golden Age of comics and played in the comic book itself. This game offers multiple 10 to 20 hour campaigns due to multiple endings and legacy paths, as well as highly customizeable hero archetypes for high replayability.

Hero's Arc: Under the Blood-Red Mountain (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: J. Alan Henning (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
A 99-section, 14,000-word gamebook: you pick the path, and your decisions shape the story.

Hidden Complex (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Adam J. Piskel (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Adam J. Piskel (BGG) (GDCR)
This is "Set off the alarm and get shot by all the guards" the game. You control an agent infiltrating an enemy complex, avoid the guards or shoot your way through, and complete your objectives then escape!

The Honor of the Queen (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: David Wiley (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Brian Garthwaite (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Lancelot, the greatest of all of King Arthurs knights, was accused of having romantic trysts with Queen Guinevere. First to accuse him was Meliagaunt, whom Lancelot challenged in combat to prove the Queens innocence. During the contest, Lancelot cleaved his opponents head in half and cleared the Queen of those charges. However, rumors continued to abound and soon other knights became suspicious. Sir Agravain and Sir Mordred gathered twelve knights and stormed Guineveres chamber, finding Lancelot there with the Queen. Now you, as Sir Lancelot, must try to escape and fight your way out of the castle and prove the innocence of Queen Guinevere before King Arthur has her burned to death for infidelity.

The Horde of Upwind (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Nelsonox (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Nelsonox (BGG) (GDCR)
Take your Horde at the end of its dangerous journey.

Into the Cursed Pit (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Alex Cannon (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Alex Cannon (BGG) (GDCR)
Into the Cursed Pit is a solo dungeoncrawl in 18 cards. Survive the traps and monsters long enough to level up and defeat the villain.

Juice Express (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Yury Milovidov (BGG) (GDCR)
You are a smuggler of controlled substance known as juice. Somehow you managed to cross a local crime lord who put a price on your head, so the Bounty Hunter is after you. Luckily, according to the criminal code of conduct, you can recall the hunt by becoming a crime lord yourself. But its not going to be an easy task, because all youve got is a beatup delivery ship named Juice Express and just one container of juice.

Lost Artifact (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
With Design and Art by: PaskoZhelev (BGG) (GDCR)
According to an ancient map which you, one of the most famous archaeologists of our century, found in the last archaeological site you excavated, there is an ancient lost artifact in Vaca Mountains somewhere in the rainforests of South America. You have to use all your skills and experience to reach the mountains and find the Lost Artifact.

Master Builder (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: HunterFrank (BGG) (GDCR)
You are a medieval Master Builder and are instructed by the king to build a new village. However, you are not alone. The king has put up a contest between you and another builder. Whoever proves worthier in building the village will be chosen to build the kings new castle. Do you have what it takes and can you keep your opponent in check Master Builder is a worker placement game. You send out your workers to gather and trade resources, enlist hirelings, and to construct buildings. Completed buildings will provide victory points. However, you also need to take an eye on the opponent who tries to beat your score.

Minor Leaguers (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Eric Lascelles (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
You are the general manager of a minor league baseball team, drafting and developing players, setting the lineup and ultimately furnishing the big leagues with baseball talent. Hey, maybe you can win the championship, too. This is a "write and roll" game, meaning you will write extensively on the scorecard, thus requiring a new copy of the two-page scorecard for each game.

Mr. Bell Regarding Your Machine (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Scott Slomiany (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Mr. Bell Regarding Your Machine is a short letterwriting game. You will be asked to write three letters that tells the story of a person reaching out in desperation to Mr. Bell, an inventor with a penchant for creating incredible machines.

My Little Castle (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
With Design and Art by: Bubulce (BGG) (GDCR)
My Little Castle is a One Page, Abstract PnP game. It allow 1 to 4 players, a game last around 15' and it's easy to carry around. It's a Tile Placement Puzzle. You get to place diamond-shaped tiles who represent villages, woods, fields and livestock in order to build void Towers and Castles. In Solo Play, a little mistake is all it take to lose.

The Pirate God of the Cherry Seas (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: SomeMadPoet (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: SomeMadPoet (BGG) (GDCR)
The Angry Ancient Pirate God has woken from his slumber and now threatens the lives of the denizens of the Cherry Seas. You must collect the necessary items to build a device that will put the Pirate God back to sleep. Players must race around the Cherry Seas and visit islands to collect goods that will be used to forge a magical device that will put the Pirate God back to sleep. While doing so they must avoid being sunk by hurricanes and thunderbolts from the Pirate God.

Pizza Ninja (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: drtoful (BGG) (GDCR)
Pizza Ninja is the fastest and most honorable way to order pizzas. We guarantee 30 minutes delivery time or our delivery ninja will commit seppuku to regain honor.

Power Surge: Cyber Security Academy Card Game (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
Art by: Aleksandar Saranac (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
In PS:CSA you play a cadet of the Cyber Security Academy, learning to fight criminal minds lurking on the web. For this, you will play Power cards, that can be used in multiple ways, either for their attack value or for their individual special powers. Think Aeons End meets Sentinels of the Multiverse. Game offers two modes: solo mode with 28 cards in draw deck including card selection mini game or 2 player cooperative mode with all 56 cards, which can also be played solo two handed.

Quest for the Dead Dragons Ruby (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Jason Rosenblatt (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Jason Rosenblatt (BGG) (GDCR)
Quest for the Dead Dragons Ruby is a soloplay simulated dungeon crawl. Choose one of three characters to go on a quest to retrieve the Dead Dragons Ruby. You will need to survive hazards and collect special artifacts along the way in order to defeat the Dead Dragons ghost and a hoard of other terrible monsters that lie in your path.

Rabbit Farm (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: wisephoenix (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: wisephoenix (BGG) (GDCR)
Solo play Player takes on the roll of the rabbit and will try to accomplish one of two goals in a limited time. Either raise a large family or eat enough carrots before the end of the season. The game uses dice to create the AI for the farmer and crop tiles to create a timer.

Rest In Peace (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Thomas More (BGG) (GDCR)
There were rumors of course. Evas death had been unnatural and it was said the coffin had been buried empty. Then strange things began to happen at the main house. Rest in Peace is a haunted house card game. It consists of 29 PNP cards to be used in conjunction with an ordinary deck of 52 playing cards.

Rest In Peace: The Asylum (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
Designed by: Thomas More (BGG) (GDCR)
Designed by: John Kean (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: John Kean (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
The ruins of the old Orphan Asylum moulder on the hill outside town, while tales of the foul deeds once performed there live on. Some restless spirit lingers there, tied to a curse and unable to depart. Maybe you have the pluck and luck to break the curse and release the ghost to rest in peace. The Asylum is based on Rest In Peace by Thomas More, but switches the card-based mechanics of the original for dice and tokens on a board.

Royal Espionage (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
With Design and Art by: Rachel Bruner (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
A storytelling game of intrigue, intelligence, and imminent death. You're a spy in the King's Court for BOTH the King and the Unknown Usurper. The King desires the identity of the Usurper or you're dead. The Usurper wants to know who is loyal to the King or you're dead. One will conquer the other. Will you survive and be on the winning side?

Sask. Watch (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: bradjperry (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: bradjperry (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
In Sask. Watch, a group of budding photographers have set out in Northern Saskatchewan, Canada, in hopes of catching a rare glimpse of you Sasquatch. In order to uphold the mystery surrounding the existence of Sasquatch, you must make your way out of the area without any photographer catching more than a blurry snapshot of you.

Silent Running (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Alex Cannon (BGG) (GDCR)
In Silent Running you are locked in battle with an enemy submarine. Use your actions wisely to locate the enemy, before they find you

Space Escape (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Greg Kaganyuk (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Greg Kaganyuk (BGG) (GDCR)
You are the only member left of a research team returning from Mars. You are struggling to gather up equipment to board the escape pod as the Spaceship has sustained too much damage to support enough oxygen for the journey home. Get your gear and get onboard the escape pod

Space Phase (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: vicorintian (BGG) (GDCR)
you try to escape a spaceship full of dangers.. you decide your destiny by allocating dice to the hazards and reward in each room!

Strait of All Saints (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
Designed by: Jeroen van der Valk (BGG) (GDCR)
In Strait of All Saints, a single player controls Magellans fleet as it tries to find its way from the Atlantic to the Pacific, during the first circumnavigation of the globe. The player has to manage ships, crew and supplies, while discovering the then unknown strait as various events conspire to thwart the player at every turn. The player wins if the Pacific is discovered and reached by any one ship.

Summer (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
Designed by: Enrique Blasco (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Maria Blasco Arnandis (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Summer is a 18 cards microgame in which you overlap cards with water and sand symbols. When you mix them a little tower is built. Can you raise your castle higher than anyone?

SuperTown (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Fynn (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Fynn (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Supertown is a solo game, designed for the 2018 PnP Solo contest. It is a dungeoncrawlesque game, only with a superhero name STRONGMAN fighting some Thugs.

The Thrifty Collector (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
With Design and Art by: Rachel Bruner (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
As a thrifty collector you hunt for collectible items, searching second hand stores, yard sales, flea markets, auctions, and online sources. Your goal is to gather and sell as many complete sets as possible. Increase your rank by finding, trading, and selling valuable collections. How successful are your thrifting and collecting skills?

Twisting Tributaries (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Caroline Berg (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
A solo game of building meandering oxbow rivers though fields populated with otters..

VerboCity (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Drew Bowling (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Drew Bowling (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Use your Power Tools and bring VerboCity to life by making exciting words, utilizing rare letters, and filling in every last space of the city grid.

Write Bros (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Iffix Y Santaph (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Roll dice. Create words. Score points. Become the ultimate wordplayer.

Xeno Siege (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
Designed by: zombie homer (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: zombie homer (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
You are the only soldier remaining. Xenomorph invaders have wiped out your entire squad. You figure the sentry guns could help thin out the Xenomorphs so you can get to some spare supplies. With the right upgrades to your combat suit, you may be able to take on the Xeno Queen and put an end to this siege.

Games with Digital Versions
Tabletop Simulator
The Cleaner (Link)
Evolution Island (Link)
Lost Artifact (Link)
Rest In Peace: The Asylum (Link)
Royal Espionage (Link)
The Thrifty Collector (Link)

Vassal
Battle Drill (Link)

Total Entries
Contest Ready: 55
Total Games: 55
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tip this post to contribute to the Best Original Artwork Category

This category is for games with original artwork created specifically for the game, either by the designer or another artist. Reuse of existing artwork does not qualify.

I will contribute 50 Geekgold to this category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tip this post to contribute to the Best Graphic Design Category.

This category focuses on the game's layout, aesthetics, and functionality of components. This category allows both original work and reuse of existing public domain/creative commons artwork.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tip this post to contribute to the Most Innovative Mechanic Category.

This category focuses on mechanics (or combinations of mechanics) that make the game new and unique. When entering this category, please specify what mechanic you feel qualifies for the prize.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tip this post to contribute to the Best Game Playable on an Airline Seat Tray Category.

This category is for games that are completely playable in a very small playing area, such as an airplane seat tray. Approximately 16 inches (40 cm) by 9 inches (23 cm).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tip this post to contribute to the Best Rule Book Category.

This category focuses on rule book clarity, layout, examples of play, and organization.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tip this post to contribute to the Best Easy to Build Category.

Games in this category will generally have some or all of the following characteristics:
1. Few printed components (typically four or less pages)
2. Simple to assemble (low number of cuts or no assembly required)
3. Can be fully assembled by the average PNP crafter in under 15 minutes.

The guidelines for determining game size are somewhat loose and open to interpretation by design. While I expect our opinions on game size to mostly align, the fact remains that a game that is an easy and fast build for one person may be a more difficult and time consuming build for another. Game size classification will be determined by contest voters and designer input.

The easy/regular/advanced categories are designed to recognize the design efforts of games that might be overlooked for the main prize, either for being too simple or too complex for the average player. Please do not make your games smaller or larger than they need to be simply to qualify for one of these categories. The overall winner of the contest is not eligible to win in these three categories. If the contest grand prize winner gets the most votes in one of these categories, the prize will be awarded to the game with the next highest amount of votes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tip this post to contribute to the Best Regular Build Time Category.

Games in this category will generally have some or all of the following characteristics:
1. Several printed components (typically 10 or fewer pages)
2. Reasonable easy to assemble (cards, multi-sheet boards, single-sided wargame counters, and/or a reasonable number of game components)
3. Can be fully assembled by the average PNP crafter in under an hour.

The guidelines for determining game size are somewhat loose and open to interpretation by design. While I expect our opinions on game size to mostly align, the fact remains that a game that is an easy and fast build for one person may be a more difficult and time consuming build for another. Game size classification will be determined by contest voters and designer input.

The easy/regular/advanced categories are designed to recognize the design efforts of games that might be overlooked for the main prize, either for being too simple or too complex for the average player. Please do not make your games smaller or larger than they need to be simply to qualify for one of these categories. The overall winner of the contest is not eligible to win in these three categories. If the contest grand prize winner gets the most votes in one of these categories, the prize will be awarded to the game with the next highest amount of votes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tip this post to contribute to the Best Advanced Build Category.

1. Many printed components (typically more than 10 pages)
2. Difficult easy to assemble (oddly shaped pieces, double-sided wargame counters, and/or a large number of game components)
3. Will take the average PNP crafter over an hour to fully assemble.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tip this post to contribute to the Best Low Ink PNP Category.

Games in this category should look nice and be playable when printed with a minimum amount of ink.
Games may have both a full ink and low ink option and enter this category.

I will contribute 25 Geekgold to this category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tip this post to contribute to the Volunteer Prize.

This category is a special prize that only people who participated in the volunteer program will be able to vote in. This will be the best game as determined by the content's playtesting volunteers.

Games in this category:
All games are automatically entered
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tip this post to contribute to the Best Traditional Card, Tarot, or Decktet Game Category.

This category is for games that are designed to be played primarily with an existing deck. A few other components such as a playmat or a few cubes is okay. Other print and play components should be kept to a minimum.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tip this post to contribute to the Best Thematic Game.

Games in this category should have mechanics that tie in strongly with the theme. (i.e. No pasted on themes.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tip this post to contribute to the Best Game Designed in the Contest Timeframe.

This category is for games created by designers completely within the contest timeframe (June 18, 2018 - August 26, 2018). To be eligible for this category, you can't have done any design work prior to the start of the contest. For example, you shouldn't enter a game into this category if you've written draft rules or created prototype components prior to the start of the contest. However, simply having an idea for a game prior to the start of the contest is fine.

To enter this category, please let me know that your game meets the qualifications.

This category obviously uses the honor system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tip this post to contribute to the Best Game by a New Designer Category.

This category is for games created by designers with no previous completed designs in any contest or games previously released.
Note that an exception is made for designers who have only participated in the 24 hour design contests. They are still eligible for this category.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tip this post to contribute to the Best Game by a New Solo Designer.

This category is for games created by designers with no previous completed solitaire designs in any contest or solitaire games previously released. Previously released multiplayer gmes are okay. This is just looking for designers new to solitaire design.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Please tip this post to contribute to the Special Playtesters Prize.

Game designers will be able to use the category to recognize the BGG users who provided the most valuable feedback to their games. Each voter may nominate up to three people for this prize. Nominations will be done shortly before the voting period begins. (Don't save your playtesting for the last minute or else you may not get nominated for this award.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Additional Categories
The following categories were added to the contest midway through. Click on the links below for full descriptions or to tip the prize pools for these categories.

Game Categories:
Best Wargame
Best Resource Management Category
Best Push Your Luck/Survival
Best Puzzle/Abstract
Best Paragraph/Story
Best Dungeon Crawl
Best Science Fiction Game
Best A.I. System in a Game
Best Game with No Crafting Required
Best Roll and Write Game

Person Categories:
Best Artist
Best New Artist
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Games by Category
This list is generated from the data in the GDCR. If your game is not listed, please make sure you've entered into the categories you would like in the GDCR. (Instructions can be found here: GDCR Instructions - 05 Adding Categories in the GDCR.) As always, please let me know if you have questions or need help.

Best Overall Game
Asteroid Field. Chaotic Solo Card Game. (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Bargain Basement Bathysphere (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Below Mars (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
The Cleaner (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Evolution Island (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Lost Artifact (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
My Little Castle (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Power Surge: Cyber Security Academy Card Game (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Rest In Peace: The Asylum (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Royal Espionage (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Strait of All Saints (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Summer (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
The Thrifty Collector (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Xeno Siege (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Total Entries in this Category: 55

Best Original Artwork
Total Entries in this Category: 18

Best Graphic Design
Total Entries in this Category: 30

Most Innovative Mechanic
Total Entries in this Category: 19

Best Game Playable on an Airline Seat Tray
Total Entries in this Category: 24

Best Rule Book
Total Entries in this Category: 35

Best Easy to Build Game
Total Entries in this Category: 27

Best Regular PNP Build
Total Entries in this Category: 21

Best Advanced PNP Build
Total Entries in this Category: 9

Best Low Ink Printing
Total Entries in this Category: 22

Volunteer Prize
Total Entries in this Category: 54

Best Traditional Card, Tarot, or Decktet Game
Total Entries in this Category: 6

Most Thematic Game
Total Entries in this Category: 32

Best Game Designed in Contest Timeframe
Total Entries in this Category: 26

Best Wargame
Total Entries in this Category: 4

Best Resource Management Category
Total Entries in this Category: 13

Best Push Your Luck/Survival
Total Entries in this Category: 21

Best Puzzle/Abstract

Best Paragraph/Story
Total Entries in this Category: 5

Best Dungeon Crawl
Total Entries in this Category: 10

Best Science Fiction Game

Best AI System in a Game
Total Entries in this Category: 4

Best Game with No Crafting Required
Total Entries in this Category: 10

Best Roll and Write Game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Designers and Artists by Category
This list is generated from the data in the GDCR. If your game is not listed, please make sure you've entered into the categories you would like in the GDCR. (Instructions can be found on the lower portion of this page here: GDCR Instructions - 05 Adding Categories in the GDCR.) As always, please let me know if you have questions or need help.

Best New Designer
Adam J. Piskel (BGG) (GDCR)
Nominated for the folloring game:
Hidden Complex (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Adrian Pillai (BGG) (GDCR)
Below Mars (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Bubulce (BGG) (GDCR)
My Little Castle (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Catz1987 (BGG) (GDCR)
20 Years (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Chris Backe (BGG) (GDCR)
Apocalypse Garden (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

danck147 (BGG) (GDCR)
Blood Donation (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

David Wiley (BGG) (GDCR)
The Honor of the Queen (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Frank (BGG) (GDCR)
Battle for the Carolinas (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

FreedomBun (BGG) (GDCR)
The Generator (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Greg Kaganyuk (BGG) (GDCR)
Space Escape (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Jason Rosenblatt (BGG) (GDCR)
Quest for the Dead Dragons Ruby (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Jeroen van der Valk (BGG) (GDCR)
Strait of All Saints (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Liberty Kifer (BGG) (GDCR)
CRYSTALLO (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Martin Gonzalvez (BGG) (GDCR)
The Cleaner (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Nelsonox (BGG) (GDCR)
The Horde of Upwind (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

PaskoZhelev (BGG) (GDCR)
Lost Artifact (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

SomeMadPoet (BGG) (GDCR)
The Pirate God of the Cherry Seas (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Thomas More (BGG) (GDCR)
Nominated for the folloring games:
Rest In Peace (GDCR) (Entry Thread)
Rest In Peace: The Asylum (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Toni Espinosa (BGG) (GDCR)
Asteroid Field. Chaotic Solo Card Game. (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Tony Lazer (BGG) (GDCR)
Blade In The Dark (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

vicorintian (BGG) (GDCR)
Space Phase (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

wisephoenix (BGG) (GDCR)
Rabbit Farm (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Total Entries in this Category: 22
Best New Solitaire Designer
Adam J. Piskel (BGG) (GDCR)
Hidden Complex (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Adrian Pillai (BGG) (GDCR)
Below Mars (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

bradjperry (BGG) (BGG Person) (GDCR)
Sask. Watch (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Bubulce (BGG) (GDCR)

Chris Backe (BGG) (GDCR)
Apocalypse Garden (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

danck147 (BGG) (GDCR)
Blood Donation (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Dragoslav Obucinski (BGG) (GDCR)
Geographical Society (GDCR) (Entry Thread)
Detective challenge (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Enrique Blasco (BGG) (BGG Person) (GDCR)
Summer (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Eric Lascelles (BGG) (BGG Person) (GDCR)
Minor Leaguers (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Greg Kaganyuk (BGG) (GDCR)
Space Escape (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

HunterFrank (BGG) (GDCR)
Master Builder (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Jason Rosenblatt (BGG) (GDCR)
Quest for the Dead Dragons Ruby (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Lucas Gentry (BGG) (BGG Person) (GDCR)
Card Capture (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

PaskoZhelev (BGG) (GDCR)
Lost Artifact (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Thomas More (BGG) (GDCR)
Rest In Peace (GDCR) (Entry Thread)
Rest In Peace: The Asylum (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

vicorintian (BGG) (GDCR)
Space Phase (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

wisephoenix (BGG) (GDCR)
Rabbit Farm (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Yury Milovidov (BGG) (GDCR)
Juice Express (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Total Entries in this Category: 19

Best Artist

Bubulce (BGG) (GDCR)

Janine Viglietti (BGG) (BGG Person) (GDCR)
The Cleaner (GDCR) (Entry Thread)
Around the World in Eighty Days (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

LaZar Stanojevic (BGG) (BGG Person) (GDCR)
Evolution Island (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Marko Stamatovic (BGG) (BGG Person) (GDCR)

Rachel Bruner (BGG) (BGG Person) (GDCR)
The Thrifty Collector (GDCR) (Entry Thread)
Royal Espionage (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Total Entries in this Category: 7

Best New Artist
Aleksandar Saranac (BGG) (BGG Person) (GDCR)
Power Surge: Cyber Security Academy Card Game (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Bubulce (BGG) (GDCR)

LaZar Stanojevic (BGG) (BGG Person) (GDCR)

Marko Stamatovic (BGG) (BGG Person) (GDCR)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Withdrawn Games

Idea Phase
Altar of Doom (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: MeteorBear (BGG) (GDCR)
Four untamed Heroes, four levels of traps, monster and treasure. Starvation, Wounded appendages and loss of your very humanity awaits you, tread carefully.

Aska and the Wolf (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Aska and the Wolf is a light solo game loosely based on short story by Nobel prize winner Ivo Andric. It uses push your luck and worker placement mechanics. Game can be played by players aged 8 and up, and takes 10 to 15 minutes.

Backpack Beasties (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Simon Milburn (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Backpack Beasties is a roll and write game of exploration and adventure for 1 players. Players explore an unfamiliar land, collecting and training beasties for their backpack, which they will use to challenge the champions of the land.

The Darkness (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Gregg Jewell (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Globolds have lived beneath Solitar Mountain for centuries, relying on their unique bioluminescent lanterns to work the mines. In recent years, their luminescence has mysteriously weakened and stories of a dark, devouring presence from deep within the caverns has caused them to fear the dark. However, prophecy speaks of four named Globolds that will seek out and destroy the looming Darkness, restoring the Globolds fading light. Flip and swap adjacent cards while avoiding The Darkness. Secretly assemble the four named Globolds into a square formation to defeat The Darkness and win the game

Deckventure: The Abandoned Island (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Isaac (BGG) (GDCR)
In Deckventure: The Abandoned Island, you are a reckless explorer whose helicopter has landed on an island after running out of fuel. You must find a way to survive then escape, before that awful feeling manifests itself in a nightmare...

Dice... In... Space (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Nick Shaw (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
A roll write game played over multiple game sheets rooms, based inside an alien probe ship which is careening towards earth. Your mission: To explore the ship, find out what the probes intentions are, and if necessary, disable it using any means necessary.

Draft Day (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: butilheiro (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
You have a team, some money and a lot to bargain with the others teams. In each round you have to try to put yourself in a better position to pick the right football player. In the end of the round, all teams will pick one guy. The game lasts 3 rounds. You will score based on your picks and the positions your manager has asked for, and compare with other teams in the league.

Election Control: The Local Edition (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
A light and local election contest. Its the last week of the campaign and you must try to gain control of as many votes in key districts as possible to win. Your auto opponents are trying to do the same but mostly just get in your way.

Exeter (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Chris Hansen (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
In this game, you must help evacuate a highschool during a zombie apocalypse. This isnt strictly a zombie fighting game its a rescue game.

The Island of Rano Raraku (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: J de K (BGG) (GDCR)
In this solo eurogame you try to honor your ancestors and lead your clan to greatness. Careful management of resources allows you to create the greatest statues.

The Mighty Alpha Six (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: malawicob (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
This is a easy to play solataire war game simulatiing an A6 Intruder inbound for a strike mission during the Vietnam War

Mining Against The Void (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: CassandraCastro (BGG) (GDCR)
This is a deckbuilding engine building game in which you are on a foreign planet mining resources that your home planet need, and those you need to make your station more efficient. But be aware of The Void, as it devours anything on that planet, and you have to mine more resources than those The Void take so the trip is worth the expenses, and the risk.

Monster Hunters (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: David Wiley (BGG) (GDCR)
Monster Hunters is a deckbuilding and worker placement game where monsters are threatening to destroy a town and, as a Monster Hunter, you have been hired to help take care of the threat. Unluckily for you, there is more than one monster descending upon the town and, making it even more unlikely that you can vanquish the beasts and make sure the town doesnt get destroyed...too much, at least.

A Place of War. Book 1: Aboard the SS Leviathan (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Mark (BGG) (GDCR)
A Place of War is a series of narrative adventure game books in which one player takeson the role of pilots during the Great Space War. The game contains a single campaign during which you will undertake missions and participate in military and covert operations during the war. Book 1 focuses on your journey to the front while aboard the converted luxury spaceliner, the SS Leviathan, and the many unforseen events that occur during your journey.

Potion Apprentice (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Drew Bowling (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
In POTION APPRENTICE, your goal is to carefully use Tinctures and Potions to keep up with the demands of Master Alchemicuss customers. To do so, you must balance using cards for their Powers or for their Ingredients, being careful not to exhaust the deck too quickly. To win the game, make it through the Potions deck without letting three or more Potion Orders go unfulfilled at the end of any turn.

Solitaires Legacy (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Jan Schroeder (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Roughly 90 dusty miles west of the bustling anthill that is the city of Crowd you can find a small settlement called Solitaire. Its citizens had successfully governed themselves by applying an elaborate if a little strange system of talking, regrouping and talking again, that had been traded down for generations more or less unchanged, until one day a stranger arrived in town... Can you help steer Solitaire through unsettling times and save its legacy introducing a legacy mode for Solitaire... dont tell me you have not been waiting for it

Trade Hearts (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: chronodumb (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
A traveler trader on his quest to earn a fortune and wins the heart of his one true love. Manage resources to trade and craft gifts for the girl that you will choose.

Components Available

Hiawatha (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Joe Schmidt (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Joe Schmidt (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Hiawatha is a solitaire game of discourse and diplomacy based on the founding of the Haudenosaunee Iroquois Confederacy. The player takes the role of Hiawatha in his quest to bring peace to his people. Variable setup and a unique pushyourluck mechanic makes for a tense and exciting retelling of this incredible history.

Holding the Fort (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Andrew van Laar (BGG) (GDCR)
Holding the Fort is a one player, abstract puzzle and resource gathering game. The player must manipulate the randomly placed, 49 tile playing area in order to attain the resources needed to sustain the game characters and build the final objective. The player must rotate and move along pathways that he or she create in order to gather the needed resources. Watch out though... the bandit is on the move waiting to mess up your best laid plans.

Postcard Boxyard (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Perry Kleinhenz (BGG) (GDCR)
The game is a polyomino laying roll n write. Each turn you will roll dice to select a tile from the grid to place. Once a tile has been used it is crossed off from the grid, if later on in the game you select a crossed off tile you instead place a tile of the shape formed by the group of connected crossed off squares. At the end of the game you will score points for the hexominoes you made on the selection grid and subtract points away for any unfilled spaces on your board.

Sail! (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Drew Bowling (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Drew Bowling (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Set sail among the seven seas in search of gold and glory! Sail! is a game of trade and exploration with secret coves, hidden gems, pirates, and more. Youll find yourself delivering goods, upgrading your ship, and maybe even finding the treasure of the ancient temples in order to earn yourself some glimmering, glistening gold...

Wings of Valor (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Martin Gonzalvez (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Martin Gonzalvez (BGG) (GDCR)
Wings of Valor is a light, fastplaying, 1-2 player, smallfootprint, World War I aerial dogfight game, using multiuse cards no dice!. Your Maneuver deck also represents your remaining fuel, and acts as a game timer. If you run out of Maneuver cards, you run out of fuel and have to bail out, as your aircraft will crash. Key design element: each Maneuver card can be used at least three ways.

Zed Labyrinth (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Martin Gonzalvez (BGG) (GDCR)
You are trapped in a maze with four Zeds Your team dropped flares leading to the exit collect them all to make it out. Main mechanics: programmed movement, set collection.

Contest Ready

Mintin City Elections (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Its time for elections! The great City Council of Mintin City has an opening! But we only have spots on the ballot for four folks who will be the four this time to compete for a seat on the great City Council? We pride ourselves on our oneweek election cycle no time for burnout in this election!

Total Entries
Idea Phase: 17
Components Available: 6
Contest Ready: 1
Total Games: 24
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Perry
United States
Newtown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yay! Favorite PNP contest I never finish a game for! Maybe this year will be different! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the steep cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm definitely going to enter, I just need to decide what I'm going to make!

I'll also put some towards the Best Paragraph/Story game provided there are games entered that fall into that category... If not, well, there are lots of other lovely categories I'll through put the towards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iffix Y Santaph
msg tools
designer
badge
If you can't beat the heat... You're not Jack Sly.
mbmbmbmbmb
Reserved 26.
(Planning to rent out to Chris Hansen for many later. BGG entrepreneur.)cool

And on another note, Solitaire Design Contest! Woohoo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [30] |