GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,152 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Ticket to Ride: First Journey (U.S.)» Forums » Rules

Subject: No moves rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
timothy hanser
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Recently we had a situation that we didn't know how to deal with. I was left with only one train car that I could play to the board but there were no longer any single car route spaces to be claimed. What do we do in that situation? Do I just claim another route and put the one car down to end the game even though it's not enough cars to cover the route but it is enough cards to cover the route? Or do we just call it a stalemate? Wondering if anyone else ran into this problem. We've played many games and only ran into the situation once. We didn't know what to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'd need to either draw train cards or discard your two tickets to draw two new ones. Eventually someone should get to six tickets completed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
timothy hanser
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
Tickets are useless at this point. I have one plastic train piece and no available routes that require a single train. The other players may be able to complete their tickets, but all I can do is continue to draw cards. I will never have an opportunity to play my last plastic train piece to the board. It's like an automatic lose. Unless I'm missing something somewhere in the rules.

... unless what you are suggesting is that I continue to draw a new ticket card every turn in hopes that I might luck out and complete a route based off of the trains that I already have on the board. Is that what you're saying? If so it seems like I could end up going through the entire ticket pile too.

Fortunately this is only happened once and may never happen again. It just looked like a bug in the game play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Anderson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
timothy hanser wrote:
... unless what you are suggesting is that I continue to draw a new ticket card every turn in hopes that I might luck out and complete a route based off of the trains that I already have on the board. Is that what you're saying? If so it seems like I could end up going through the entire ticket pile too.
That's exactly what I'm saying. There's no reason not to try it. The rule is actually that you discard both your tickets and draw two new ones, so you have two chances to get lucky each turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.