GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,977 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
18 Days Left

Support:

forthemame forthemame
msg tools
Just got my copy from Amazon. The cards are pretty bent and I doubt I can straighten them out. Thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pulse Force
msg tools
My 3rd print of the base game was ok, but the 2nd print Branch and Claw was really bent/bowing. Really obvious when I combined the decks together :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Maloney
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." -Jack Handey
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you mean bent as in crimped? Or simply bowed/curved? If you mean the latter, I think that’s common. Mine have flattened over time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carighan Maconar
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The recent ~2 years, a **lot** of board games came with bend/curved boards and cards. Seems to be the climate differences during production and shipment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imaginary Thomas
Canada
Russell
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup I'd make more of a stink about it if it wasn't so hard to find. I'd rather play with curvy cards than not play at all.

I sleeved them in premium sleeves and that helped a bit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
This, and a new copy of Sentinels of the Multiverse (also by >G) had cards which were cupped, some cupped corner to corner.

That being said, some use, along with stacks of heavy books, have resolved the issue since that time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Corso
msg tools
One of the card packs had a slight bend in the bottom left corner. Wasn't too bad as I sleeved them any way. This made it unnoticeable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying really hard to figure out what hats have to do with any of this. @_@

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG.EXE
United States
flag msg tools
I favor Euros, but I like pretty much all games.
badge
Make the kinds of posts you want to read.
mbmbmbmbmb
You used to bend the bill of a new baseball cap to round it. I don't think kids are doing this anymore really, but regardless my cards for Spirit Island were also that bent when I got them. I just bent them back. It's due to differences in humidity between where they were produced and where they now live. With some use (and some encouragement) they'll straighten out over time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine had a bend, but nothing that would make me seek a replacement or be too upset about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynk Fox
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TakeWalker wrote:
I'm trying really hard to figure out what hats have to do with any of this. @_@

How young aaare you? Jeeze now I feel old.

Curving the bill on your baseball cap was a thing you did. They all came flat, and it was customary to curve it (The flat bills was a sign of an uncool idiot)

Now they either come pre curved or snapback flat. (which you undoubtedly know already)

I can't stand the flat bills, think they look stupid. Old phogie.

As for the OP topic...

As others have said and as I understand it, humidity and climate differences have caused more bowing in cards. It is completely fine, and fixable by putting heavy weight (text books is common) on top of your cards for a while in a dry environment.

Its always been a problem, just gotten worse in later years due to well... you know.

If you want more detailed ways to fix it, there are youtube videos about it (from as far back as 2010. its not a recent issue, nor will it ever really go away)

As long as you aren't talking about a card with an actual crease in it. If its been bent hard enough to have broken the cardboard, then mail gtg about a replacement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm old enough to have lived through that and dorky enough to have never done it myself. :B Never been a fan of baseball caps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
United States
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I friend of mine got a card that has a pretty nasty crease down the middle, one of the blighted island cards.

It's still noticeable with a sleeve on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Thurston
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fastattaq wrote:
I friend of mine got a card that has a pretty nasty crease down the middle, one of the blighted island cards.

It's still noticeable with a sleeve on it.
That's something that GtG will happily replace.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.