GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,771 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Andy Loakes
United Kingdom
Hinckley
Leicestershire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you that may be unaware, 'Last Stand Games' are offering EU Friendly Shipping on their Stalingrad, Verdun on the Volga (IN-KURGAN) package.

The first shipment will arrive in the UK tomorrow and will be ready for immediate mailing.

IMPORTANT: This initial shipment is only 10 copies (and 3 have gone already). Since the continuation of this arrangement will depend on the success of this 'trial' batch, this could be your only opportunity to avoid the VAT and Handling Fee - a typical saving of over £40/€45.

Orders should be placed via LSG's website: http://www.laststandgames.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=1

If you want future LSG titles to have this benefit - please spread the word to those that may be interested in Stalingrad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter B.
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi Andy,
hope my order was completed correctly and one of the three booked games will be send to Oldenburg, Germany.

Looking forward to my copy.

Best,
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel LEVEUF
France
SAINT SYLVAIN
flag msg tools
150€ for france and only 100€ for us
what is the difference.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter B.
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$50 USD for postage and import VAT.
So you get the game free and don't have to go to the customs.
Think this is fair.

And it is $150 USD and not 150€.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel LEVEUF
France
SAINT SYLVAIN
flag msg tools
But why the offer sayb from Uk say no VAT
And why the order via last stand games
Not the uk site...

It is a game.onlybfor us player
Many european.player was disapointed by the price and that we have no sendeur in.europe..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter B.
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I asked two dealers in Germany but they were not able to obtain the game for reselling.
Strange, but it seems that "Last Stand Games" only wants to sell the game to end custumers (gamers) and not to other companies for reselling.

Because of this the gamers in Europe (and other countries) would have to pay VAT if the game is imported DIRECTLY from US.

So "Last Stand Games" made a deal with a company in UK that this company will send (but not sell!) the games from UK to European custumers. So the European gamers don`t have to go to the customs to pay VAT because we get the game DIRECTLY from UK.

But you still have to order the game at "Last Stand Games" in US.

Well, I paid about 130,- EUR (incl. postage) and I think this is a fair offer if US gamers have to pay $100 USD.

Hope to get my copy next week (ordered May, 29th) but it needed a little bit more time to send all 10 games (incl. 7 games for reserve) to UK... and then to the gamers in EU.

I will tell you when I get my copy.

Hope I could help.

Best,
Peter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Nunez
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
I spoke with the publisher who said Stalingrad: Verdun on the Volga was a very limited print run game (maybe 300 copies?) and he expected to sell them all by mail (or at shows). Maybe if he has a few left over at the end, or does another print run, they might be offered to stores.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
However you can get it, it's a good game. And I'm not just slinging shill here, judge what people have said for yourself. I played the game many times during playtesting and the narrative it told always made me feel I was reliving a contemporary account of the battle like Glantz.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter B.
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I REALLY loved to play TP:S in the 90ies.
This new game seems to be more "streamlined".
I'm looking forward to play it but I need to get it delivered first. cry

I also ordered "Stalingrad: Inferno on the Volga" by VentoNuovo Games (Kickstarter). Will be delivered at the end of August.

Will be a summer with fine new games!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter B.
Germany
Oldenburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have got my copy today, hurray!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinella
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Between the time it was published and the release of BK:N I played TP:S many times. I also played it in the tournament at the WBCs in 1998 and 1999. In 1999 I thought I had the game in the bag as the Germans but the Soviets launched an attack out of one of the "mushrooms" into an adjacent zone needing to win by at least +8 on the dice to clear the zone and grab the VP there. They won by +8 on the dice. That was truly snatching victory from the jaws of defeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.