GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,494 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Ladder 29» Forums » Rules

Subject: Legal Plays - Pairs, Flashover rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ibrahim Rodríguez
Spain
Terrassa
flag msg tools
badge
[5] Flip to Exceed Mode!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Got the game today, it looks great! However, I have got some quick questions about Legal Plays.

- My understanding is that playing a card of same rank but higher suit rank is considered a Legal Play. This means that if I play a blue 2 as a single no one can follow with another 2, just with a card of higher rank-number, right? But if I lead with a yellow 2 then another player can follow with blue 2 or higher rank-number, correct?

- How does this resolve with pairs? or a pair can only be followed by higher rank-number?

- Also, does the flashover work as a bomb? It's just to get the lead, right?

Thanks for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Schwartz
United States
Jackson
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
www.therulesforge.com
badge
Get your slimy, webbed phalanges off ma boots!
mbmbmbmbmb
The rule about must play higher card (either a higher-numbered card, or a same-numbered card but higher suit rank) is a universal rule. It applies to singles, pairs, triples, runs, and four-of-a-kinds.

If you play a pair of 2s, and your 2s are green/red, I can legally follow that with a pair of yellow/blue 2s. So you don't compare EVERY card when determining the legality of a follow, but only the highest card from each play.

Yes, flashover works like a bomb. Immediately kills the trick, and you take the lead. The only exception is when a four-of-a-kind is led, in which case you cannot flashover at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ibrahim Rodríguez
Spain
Terrassa
flag msg tools
badge
[5] Flip to Exceed Mode!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the super fast response, Dustin!

FreedomGunfire wrote:
The rule about must play higher card (either a higher-numbered card, or a same-numbered card but higher suit rank) is a universal rule. It applies to singles, pairs, triples, runs, and four-of-a-kinds.

If you play a pair of 2s, and your 2s are green/red, I can legally follow that with a pair of yellow/blue 2s. So you don't compare EVERY card when determining the legality of a follow, but only the highest card from each play.

Yes, flashover works like a bomb. Immediately kills the trick, and you take the lead. The only exception is when a four-of-a-kind is led, in which case you cannot flashover at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.