GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,551 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Sentinels of the Multiverse» Forums » General

Subject: Understanding Varients and Oversized Cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maokai
msg tools
mb
Hi everyone :-)

I would like to complete my collection and get all Heroes variants and Villains promos I missed (as I got into the game late enough not to invest in any kickstarter). I am slightly confused by all the versions out there.

Complete Hero Collection - Is going to be released when OblivAeon will get released, and it's including all Hero variants ever released including the new OblivAeon heros. The difference between the original Kickstarter variants, is that the new Hero Collection comes with a new Art (so Kickstarter young Legacy will look different compared to complete Hero Collection young Legacy).

Complete Hero Collection Foil - Just like the above (with the updated Hero variant art), just with a fancy box and foiled cards.

Am I'm right up until here?

What about the Villians promo (I would assume Promos is the right word, as there aren't any variants, just new arts?). Is there any NORMAL size pack with all villain promos that were released during kickstarters? and if not - the Oversized pack mentions it has:
"Rook City, Infernal Relics, Shattered Timelines, and Wrath of the Cosmos expansions". That's 31 + 2 Unique promos. Does it mean ObliAeon comes with Oversized villains? or the 31 already include the OblivAeons villains? (I'm not sure about it as it's already in stock?) Does the Oversized cards including Challenge mode?

And lastly - I had a small accident with couple of dividers and they need to be replaced. I contact GreaterThenGames two times now, asked if I can buy (and pay for everything including shipping) those dividers, and I got no reply. Is there perhaps a way to contact them which is not the web-site?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
mbmbmbmbmb
The complete hero variant collection has all variants. The foil one has all variants, plus all base base powers. They use the same art as the non-foil collection, which is all different than the original releases of the promos. The base powers also get new art for the foil collection.

Villain collection is basically the same thing, except the foil version isn't out yet (coming with Oblivaeon), and it includes oversized cards for every villain that doesn't already come with oversized cards (i.e. team villains and, presumably, the various Oblivaeon things). The foil collection should have foils and alt art for absolutely everything, including notably the Oblivaeon booklet. (Oblivaeon uses a booklet instead of a character card, so he has multiple stages).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, it is important to mention that the Villain promos aren't just new art. They are variants and play differently than the regular version of the villain. If you thought regular Gloomweaver was a breeze, try Skinwalker Gloomweaver. The Villain variants really can change the villains quite a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would send emails to contact@greaterthangames.com as the form on the current website is apparently not always getting messages to them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maokai
msg tools
mb
Oh, so the difference is that the Heroes foil version come with the Base powers with art difference from one coming with the original games.

Cool, I didn't know there's Villains variants! So I would assume the Oversize pack include both oversize 'Normal' version for that villan and also the variant? (for those who have Variant?).

Well, It's good to know Oblivaeon already comes with Oversized cards, I was worried the Foil version will include stuff (with is not foil/art/booklet) that you will miss by ordering the non-foil version.

In that case, seems like I'm all sorted with the non foil version of Hero/Villains.

By the way, any idea of the box to be released will hold card SLEEVED?

EDIT:
Thanks Bill! I tried to contact with the direct mail already, but still - no answer :-(

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the collectors box will hold sleeved cards. It has been asked so much over the course of that KS it’s pretty much a running gag.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P.D. Magnus
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maokai wrote:

Cool, I didn't know there's Villains variants! So I would assume the Oversize pack include both oversize 'Normal' version for that villan and also the variant? (for those who have Variant?).

Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon T
Australia
Peakhurst
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maokai wrote:

Just so you know, there are 24 Villains. Only 6 of them have variants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maokai
msg tools
mb
Thanks for all the info guys. I will try to send a third mail to GTG, maybe third time a charm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Rine
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Asmor wrote:
The complete hero variant collection has all variants. The foil one has all variants, plus all base base powers. They use the same art as the non-foil collection, which is all different than the original releases of the promos. The base powers also get new art for the foil collection.

Villain collection is basically the same thing, except the foil version isn't out yet (coming with Oblivaeon), and it includes oversized cards for every villain that doesn't already come with oversized cards (i.e. team villains and, presumably, the various Oblivaeon things). The foil collection should have foils and alt art for absolutely everything, including notably the Oblivaeon booklet. (Oblivaeon uses a booklet instead of a character card, so he has multiple stages).

Not to mention he takes forever to kill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Arenson
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's probably not directly relevant, but just fyi there were standard-sized versions of the villain variant cards released, though none of them appear to be currently available.

Mad Bomber Blade and Cosmic Omnitron were available as part of the Infernal Relics Kickstarter.

Alt Spite and Skinwalker Gloomweaver were made available as part of a variant pack around the time that Rook City and Infernal Relics were combined into a single expansion.

Heroic Infinitor and Trickster Kismet were made available as part of a variant pack around the time that Shattered Timelines and Wrath of the Cosmos were combined into a single expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.