GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,872 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Tang Garden» Forums » General

Subject: What's the storage in the box like? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Somethingson
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Looking at the number of figures as well as the cardboard constructs I was wondering what the storage inside the box is going to be like? The little info-graphic for the Wayfarer mentions a "tuck box", but does this mean that each figure has a mini-storage box in the large box? Similarly do the constructs, pavilions, bridges, etc, store in box fully built or do they need to be dismantled and rebuilt each time?

Similarly with the expansion content fitting in the base game box.

Otherwise, love the game and look forward to getting it on my table.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for asking, as I was wondering the same thing. Reconstructing/Deconstructing would negatively impact the game length, for my group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xander Michael
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mozillo wrote:
Similarly do the constructs, pavilions, bridges, etc, store in box fully built or do they need to be dismantled and rebuilt each time?

I asked on the Kickstarter page and they said that you don't have to take the pieces apart that they fit in the box after assembly. They didn't mention an insert though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad103
United States
Skaneateles
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the comments it was mentioned by Creator that they'd talk about the Insert in an update in the next few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freddy Nehwon
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They did also mention the number of game boxes that would be shipped to backers. I would be surprised if everything fits into just the one base box after unpacking.

Base Pledge: Two Boxes
1. Base Game
2. Stretch Goals

Deluxe Edition: Three Boxes
1. Base Game
2. KS Exclusive Expansion
3. Stretch Goals

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
This was just announced:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the expansion won’t fit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Thane
England
Brough
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
Up the Tigers
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ghosts Expansion for the Deluxe pledge was always going to have it's own box from what they said as these will be a KS exclusive numbered item.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
belborough wrote:
The Ghosts Expansion for the Deluxe pledge was always going to have it's own box from what they said as these will be a KS exclusive numbered item.

But if they're bothering to make a storage solution, they should include the expansion stuff in it. Especially since it doesn't seem like a huge expansion.

There is nothing worse than having to keep a mostly empty or differently sized 2nd box around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergo Tothmihaly
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
But then it would feel akward buying a game in retail with an insert that has slots for stuff you can never purchase. To make everyone happy they would need to design and produce two inserts. I see very low chance of that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jérôme
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tmgergo wrote:
But then it would feel akward buying a game in retail with an insert that has slots for stuff you can never purchase. To make everyone happy they would need to design and produce two inserts. I see very low chance of that.

€20 is charged for Deluxe. Most backers go for Deluxe. Just let that custom insert be made.
Shelve space is scarce, I don’t want two boxes for one game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.