GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,607 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Stephen M
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NEXT SESSION : Wednesday June 20, 2018.
GAMES : There are usually 50-100 games to choose from.
WHERE? THE BURNSIDE ROOM (upstairs) of the Hintonburg Community Centre (1064 Wellington Street)
WHEN? Gaming starts at 6 pm and goes until 10
COST: $2.00
PARKING : The Community Centre has parking and there is street parking on Wellington.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We had 4 tables of people enjoying games on June 20th.

We began with Wendy teaching Olivia, Dhanvin and me North Wind, a lavishly produced press your luck trading game that is, essentially, a race. The central mechanic here is drawing tiles from one of the three piles. You can draw as many tiles as your current "draw size" is and you get to take two actions based upon the tiles you flip. The tricks here are that you have to decide if you want to take a particular action at the moment you flip the tile and if you flip over an event you have to fight a pirate which, if defeated gives you a pirate captain you can deliver to port, but if you are unable to defeat it your turn ends immediately. Wendy and Olivia got off to great starts and never really relented. Dhanvin and I got off to rough starts and never got on track. It came down to the wire with Wendy and Olivia having just 2 cubes to place to end the game. Wendy placed both of her cubes, ended the game and won the race.

Next, Emil joined us to play Saint Petersburg (second edition). Dhanvin got a great money engine early while Wendy was behind on cash for most of the game. Dhanvin turned his cash advantage into great positioning on the market board and Olivia also excelled there. Emil and I worked on getting VP earning buildings and I was able to turn two of them into cash generators too. Emil also went into nobles and, despite the dearth of nobles that showed up in the last couple of exchange phases ended up getting a set of 4 and a set of 2. That would give him the edge over me as my set of 4 left me 2 points shy of Emil who was victorious. Dhanvin who had the lead going into the final round finished a strong third.

Other great games that were played included The Voyages of Marco Polo, Queendomino, Alchemists, Dragon Castle and Rick and Morty: Anatomy Park – The Game (I think).

Have a great week and see you next Wednesday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.