GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,496 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Colt Express: Horses & Stagecoach» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mortal Bullet rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mortal Bullet: Each player looses $150 for each Bullet received during this Round. This includes the Neutral Bullets and those from all the Bandits.

If you are very unlucky in robbing, is it possible to go overall negative with this Event?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose so.

Does it matter?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes it does for determining the winner:

If players can go negative and all players do, the winner is the one with the absolute fewest robbed value.

If players cannot go negative and all players lose all their robbed values by Mortal Bullet, all players are on zero, and so the tiebreaker decides: The player, who was hit by the fewest bullets overall wins the game.

Even without taking the extreme case, that all players lose all their robbed values, the question, if you can go negative, is relevant to do a ranking for the players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see your point.

The question then becomes if you can "loose" [sic] what you don't have?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since it says to keep these bullets separate from the rest, I assumed you just counted them up at the end of the game as -$150 each and that it's possible to go negative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mattias Elfström
Sweden
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But the effect actually says to "loose" [sic] $150 per bullet rather than to subtract $150...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, I doubt you can go into debt in this game. Once you get to $0, I wouldn't think you could go any lower. And I've never seen a game where all players end with $0, so this is probably an edge case.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes and the icon is -$150 I just mentioned how we played it, not that it was necessarily correct

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
Yes, I doubt you can go into debt in this game. Once you get to $0, I wouldn't think you could go any lower. And I've never seen a game where all players end with $0, so this is probably an edge case.

Do you refer your experience, that you have never seen a game where all players end with $0, to the point before or after applying Mortal Bullet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hermjard wrote:
randomlife wrote:

Do you refer your experience, that you have never seen a game where all players end with $0, to the point before or after applying Mortal Bullet?

I guess I've only seen Mortal Bullet once or twice, so when I say "never" it's not really statistically significant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.