GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,483 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Religion, Sex, and Politics

Subject: How many read all the GDPR rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Poll
How many read all the GDPR info before clicking all the "accepts"?
I did
I didn't
What's that GDPR thing?
      72 answers
Poll created by Mondainai
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
Meaningless means there's a strong limit to how much I can mess up!
badge
This overtext is not in use.
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading is for nerds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stuart
United States
Los Alamos
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read most of them. Unfortunately, there was no box for "I accept most of the rules but not all of them", so I ticked the "I accept" box.

Let me state, categorically, this however. First, a caveat:

I AM NOT A LITIGIOUS PERSON. WHEN I HAVE BEEN CHEATED OUT OF MONEY, WHICH HAS HAPPENED TO ME, I HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO RESORT TO COURT ACTION. AND I CANNOT IMAGINE ANY SCENARIO IN WHICH I WOULD CHOOSE TO SUE BOARDGAMEGEEK.

HOWEVER, I DO NOT WAIVE ANY RIGHTS TO THE COURT SYSTEM OF THE UNITED STATES OR OF ANY OTHER COUNTRY UNDER WHOSE JURISDICTION I MAY RESIDE.

That's an 'official' statement on my part. If, in the extremely unlikely event that I find it necessary to engage in legal action (i.e., if pigs begin to sprout wings and fly, or if science ever proves that God does not exist), I will invoke the above disclaimer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moshe Callen
Israel
Jerusalem
flag msg tools
designer
ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ/ πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν./...
badge
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος/ οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,/...
mbmbmbmbmb
I skimmed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jasper
Netherlands
Leiden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
whac3 wrote:
I skimmed.
I scrolled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Venga2 wrote:
whac3 wrote:
I skimmed.
I scrolled.
I drunk, I fought, and made my ancestors proud.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shit yeah I read the rules; I'm a wargamer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Hankins
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't read the GPDR/Privacy statement stuff. I've already been sent a lot of updates on that from various companies and had to undergo GPDR training at work.

The stuff about waiving rights to jury trials, class action lawsuits and such stood out more than the GPDR stuff. Maybe that's more common that I realise because I would have missed those additions had they not been explicitly highlighted for my attention, but that all seemed a bit weird.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J J
Australia
flag msg tools
Wight1984 wrote:
I didn't read the GPDR/Privacy statement stuff. I've already been sent a lot of updates on that from various companies and had to undergo GPDR training at work.

The stuff about waiving rights to jury trials, class action lawsuits and such stood out more than the GPDR stuff. Maybe that's more common that I realist because I would have missed those additions had they not been explicitly highlighted for my attention, but that all seemed a bit weird.

It is weird, but then so are EULAs. And while all this stuff may or may not stand up in the US, it doesn't elsewhere with very different legal structures and rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JasonJ0 wrote:
Wight1984 wrote:

The stuff about waiving rights to jury trials, class action lawsuits and such stood out more than the GPDR stuff. Maybe that's more common that I realist because I would have missed those additions had they not been explicitly highlighted for my attention, but that all seemed a bit weird.

It is weird, but then so are EULAs. And while all this stuff may or may not stand up in the US, it doesn't elsewhere with very different legal structures and rules.

I haven't read it - best legal advice is actually not to do so - but if as reported then (a) no, it wouldn't hold up at all outside the US, but (b) as a general user of the site, there's pretty much no circumstance in which suing would be other than a waste of time and money due to plausible size of claim (for what?), legal costs, probable absence of any BGG assets outside the US, and more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
scroll.....click...scroll...click...click....click....BGG!

I can't believe GDPR stole 30 seconds of my life. European Assholes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 11 23-25 Feb 2018 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
I can't believe GDPR stole 30 seconds of my life. European Assholes!

I see your GDPR and I raise you ITAR. Tends to affect companies rather than people, but it affects many, if not all, employees of those companies of whom I used to be one. And just knowing enough to get by - even if not involved directly in neither manufacture nor export - takes a lot longer than 30 seconds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before I answer, I'd like to see details on how my answer will be tracked and stored.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.