GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,481 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Founders of Gloomhaven» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Advisers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Doody
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a few advisers whose actions I need clarification on.

Quote:
1) Manager. Action: "Build an advanced resource building and 2 connected roads, then gain 1 lasting influence for each delivery made by this resource building."

I assume that you only gain a lasting influence for deliveries that are made immediately. In other words, this effect does not continue into future rounds, where the resource building might make future deliveries.

Quote:
2) Decorator. Action: "Pay 1 for each of your person buildings, then gain the same number of points."

As I understand it, this construct card does not actually let you construct person buildings. Instead, you pay 1 for each person building on the board? And then receive that many points. So, in essence, it's a way to convert money into points. Is this correct?

Quote:
3) Patron. Action: "Buy access to a resource at normal cost, then recruit the adviser requiring that resource."

I understand that you have to pay to get access to a resource, but do you also then need to pay for the adviser that you recruit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael MS
Australia
DUBBO
NSW
flag msg tools
Check my instagram @feeltheboardgame and Youtube @Feeltheboard
badge
Ouch, my nose.
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisdoody wrote:
There are a few advisers whose actions I need clarification on.

Quote:
1) Manager. Action: "Build an advanced resource building and 2 connected roads, then gain 1 lasting influence for each delivery made by this resource building."

I assume that you only gain a lasting influence for deliveries that are made immediately. In other words, this effect does not continue into future rounds, where the resource building might make future deliveries.

Correct.

Quote:
2) Decorator. Action: "Pay 1 for each of your person buildings, then gain the same number of points."

As I understand it, this construct card does not actually let you construct person buildings. Instead, you pay 1 for each person building on the board? And then receive that many points. So, in essence, it's a way to convert money into points. Is this correct?

YES

Quote:
3) Patron. Action: "Buy access to a resource at normal cost, then recruit the adviser requiring that resource."

I understand that you have to pay to get access to a resource, but do you also then need to pay for the adviser that you recruit?

YES, when it's a free recruit the card will say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Doody
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Childres
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Rafael is correct in all his answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Warren Brent
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
The Fiendish Public Servant
mbmbmbmbmb
Noob here, who has yet to open up the box, due to stipulations by his regular gaming group

A quick clarification if I may - 'person buildings' are we discussing just the house building tiles, or are ALL personal buildings (houses, gates, bridges)?

So for instance - if you had your 3 houses, two bridges and a gate up, would you be spending 6 coin for 6 points, or 3 coin for 3 points for the houses only?

Happy to be educated if I'm reading into this wrong

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Doody
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bridges/gates also count as personal buildings.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.