Rob D
msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Copper Board Game Collector
I didn't set out to not recruit any units, there were just never any options without serious backtracking (which is a MK no-no).

The first unit I had a chance to get was a Sorcerer at the green city, but that was at the start of turn 6, and I still had to discover the final city. Plus, I wanted to see if I could take the last city without recruiting any units.

I took me to the very last round, but I just sneaked by to defeat the second city.

This game had some terrible luck, (no recruitable units, twice I flipped monsters and dragons with immunity to my attack or magic card, final last blue city had 3/4 magic immune. Multiple fights I had to dump my hand and retreat.

It also had some awesome luck by getting the best spells demolish, earthquake, and whirlwind, and 3 forts literally in a row. Last space was impassible, but I just pulled temporal portal to skip over the water spaces.

I wish I documented everything from the start, I doubt I'll ever have another game like this. It's amazing how varied each game can be.

I wound up scoring 186 points with a massive 14 wounds in my deck (no units to block for me).

From gallery of Rob132

From gallery of Rob132

From gallery of Rob132

From gallery of Rob132

From gallery of Rob132

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Bocchetta
Italy
Milano
MI
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Galaxy Trucker fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: On Mars fanMicrobadge: I love Vlaada Chvátil!Microbadge: Escape Plan fan
Which character were you playing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Thiess
United States
Suisun City
California
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Plays Games with SpouseMicrobadge: Dr. Horrible fanMicrobadge: Legendary fan - Spider Friends TeamMicrobadge: Video gamerMicrobadge: Parent of Two Girls
Faso74it wrote:
Looks like Arythea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Bauer
msg tools
Microbadge: Level 12 BGG posterMicrobadge: Miniature PainterMicrobadge: Disney fanMicrobadge: Rules Addict - I read rules before I go to bedMicrobadge: ♫ In the Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki, Tiki Room ♫
With 14 wounds in deck, did you ever have to do a slow recovery?
How did you manage to not get knocked out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ross
Ireland
Cork
Ireland
flag msg tools
The mysteries about how we evolved should not distract us from the indisputable fact that we did evolve. -- Jerry A. Coyne
badge
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. -- E E Cummings
Microbadge: I adopted my dog(s) from a rescueMicrobadge: Caverna: The Cave Farmers - fanMicrobadge: "Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude." ―Denis WaitleyMicrobadge: High Frontier fan - Your trip starts here!Microbadge: Liverpool fan - "You'll Never Walk Alone"
That is really an impressive achievement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob D
msg tools
Anduin wrote:
With 14 wounds in deck, did you ever have to do a slow recovery?
How did you manage to not get knocked out?
Never had to do a slow recovery, but at least once per round I had to do a standard recovery.

Remember, knocked out is only if you receive wounds during combat >= your card draw level, so you can have as many wounds in your hand at the start.

I got knocked out once, but i was able to dump most of my had before, and thankfully I had motivation to pull 2 cards next turn (the first one was a wound, the second wasn't, what a pull) The game would have effectively been over if I hadn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob D
msg tools
Wisegy84 wrote:
Faso74it wrote:
Looks like Arythea.
Yeah, it was Arythea. No way I could have done this with anyone else. I used her wound -> +2 talent almost every turn, and the one that turns wounds into red/black mana every chance i got.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls