GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,807 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
3 Posts

Imperial 2030» Forums » Rules

Subject: Swiss Bank without the Investor Card (and another question) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Schlatter
United States
Shreveport
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
It's The Winslow!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused by the rule that says "In addition to this procedure, players owning a Swiss Bank can invest once in any nation they wish".

So, at the end of Russia's turn (playing without the Investor card), what happens:

a) Everyone (starting with the person who controls Russia) has a chance invest in Russia, but a person with the Swiss Bank can choose another nation instead, OR

b) Everybody (starting with the person who controls Russia) has a chance to invest in Russia, and then a person with the Swiss Bank can invest again in any country?

Also, I'm guessing that checking for changes of government happens after every nation's turn (since bonds may have been bought), not just at the end of the Investor action, correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Loehn
Germany
Kleinostheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It´s a), and yes, it is checked after every nation`s turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marko V
Croatia
flag msg tools
mb
I am also interested on more opinions on this.

From the rulebeook:

"After China takes its turn, its owner can invest
in China. Then all the other players can invest in
China, starting with the player to the left of the
owner of China and continuing clockwise around
the table. After that India takes its turn.
In addition to this procedure, players owning a
Swiss Bank can invest once in any nation they
wish."

So, according to the rulebook, after ALL players finish investing in a nation which turn it is, then the player with a Swiss card can make an ADDITIONAL investment in any nation. Swiss player could buy 2 bonds this way before next country's (India in this example) move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.