GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,304 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Battle for Rokugan» Forums » Rules

Subject: Raiding a shrine rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Miguel Pacheco
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Is a raid an attack? I know you cant raid a province with a peace token because you cant place any combat tokens. But a shrine says you cant attack it, but is a raid considered an attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dario Alex
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you can,
raid and peace token have the priority over all the other tokens. And technically raid is not an attack, so an opponent can place a raid on your shrine if all the other conditions are respected (adjacent territory or raid + shinobi)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Goodnight
United States
Newmarket
NH
flag msg tools
mbmb
ilpalazo wrote:
Is a raid an attack? I know you cant raid a province with a peace token because you cant place any combat tokens. But a shrine says you cant attack it, but is a raid considered an attack?

Per page 10 of the rule book under Shrine:
"Players who do not control the province containing a shrine token cannot place combat tokens in it or on its borders."

So no, you can't raid it.

Blackdaz83 wrote:
you can,
raid and peace token have the priority over all the other tokens. And technically raid is not an attack, so an opponent can place a raid on your shrine if all the other conditions are respected (adjacent territory or raid + shinobi)

I'm not sure if you misread the rules, or are confused about the tokens. Both shrine and peace say that you cannot place tokens in the province or on its borders. Whether it is an attack or not is irrelevant. The priority in the resolution phase refers to the diplomacy order token. Once a peace token is placed it stays there (unless a territory card removes it).

It's worth noting that you can place tokens to defend your own shrine, which is something you can't do with a peace token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dario Alex
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the corrections!

Alas, i simply didnt recall correctly the description of the shrine.

I answered if raid is considered an attack and that normally you can only have one token per province but that peace and scorched have priority on all the other tokens - allowing you to remove them (but if shrine states that no token can be places as the peace token then rais can ' t be used).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Goodnight
United States
Newmarket
NH
flag msg tools
mbmb
Blackdaz83 wrote:
...peace and scorched have priority on all the other tokens - allowing you to remove them ...

This is the part that's causing confusion (maybe a language issue?). Peace and Scorched Earth both say "Players cannot place combat tokens in a province or on a border of a province that contains a peace/scorched earth token token." (page 10)

I'm not sure if you are just using the terms interchangeably, but I just want to make sure it's clear for OP. A raid combat token takes priority over a diplomacy combat token, and both take priority over all other combat tokens. Peace and scorched earth tokens both stay until removed by specific territory card effects (I think there's one for each).

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.