GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,778 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
12 Posts

Scythe» Forums » Rules

Subject: An Underpass to the Mine on the enemy Factory rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Invisible Hand
Canada
flag msg tools
I was just playing the Digital Edition, and was surprised when the game wouldn't let me take an action that seems like it should be legal.

1) I was playing as the Saxons with all mechs unlocked.
2) I built a Mine on the Factory.
3) The Nordics had kicked me off the Factory with their character and a mech. I decided to get my 6th star by winning back the Factory.
4) I had my character and a mech on the westernmost forest next to my starting position, and another mech on my home base.
5) I wanted to use at least one of them to assist in the attack, by passing through the adjacent mountain and then Underpassing to the Factory.
6) However, while I could move to the mountain from both locations, the game would not let me move any of those three units to the Factory.

This seems like a mistake, because as I understand the rules, Underpass allows moving from controlled mountains (check) to any tunnel or my Mine (check) even if the destination tunnel/Mine is under enemy control.

Am I missing something, or does the DE have a glitch?

(See picture here: https://imgur.com/a/WoN6Efd )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rolster IEM
Antarctica
Connecticut
msg tools
mb
sounds like a glitch to me
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexey Bychenkov
msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
UNDERPASS: For the purposes of Move actions for your
character and mechs, mountains you control and all
tunnels are considered to be adjacent to each other. For
example, if your mech is on a mountain, it can move from
that mountain to (a) any other mountain you control or (b)
any tunnel (or your Mine).

Seems like you're correct. You better post this in the community center in steam.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don’t think you can use a mine if it is under enemy control.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Nazarov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
broggi wrote:

Not true, according to the rules:

Quote:
You always get the abilities
from your structures even if you don’t control the territories they’re on
[...]
You may move units to and
from your Mine as if it is a
tunnel (even if an opponent
controls the territory the
Mine is on).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Austin Johnston
United States
Kansas
flag msg tools
broggi wrote:

Rulebook says: "You may move units to and from your Mine as if it is a tunnel (even if an opponent controls the territory the Mine is on). Unlike the other structures, this is an ongoing ability associated with all unit movement."

Seems like a bug.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Invisible Hand
Canada
flag msg tools
Am I also correct in thinking that I should have been able to use my Disarm ability when attacking Nordic on the Factory with my Mine on it? IIRC the game didn't let me do that, either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
Invisible Hand wrote:
Am I also correct in thinking that I should have been able to use my Disarm ability when attacking Nordic on the Factory with my Mine on it? IIRC the game didn't let me do that, either.
Yes, another bug? Or, fallout from the original bug that didn't let you use the mine in the first place?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Invisible Hand wrote:

Is Disarm the ability that makes the opponent lose combat power on a Tunnel? The mine isn't a tunnel, it just makes you adjacent to tunnels.

Edit: I stand corrected. I thought only the mines, but would have checked the rules if it came up - most people don't put their mines outside of the starting area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dmitry Nazarov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
logris wrote:
Invisible Hand wrote:

Is Disarm the ability that makes the opponent lose combat power on a Tunnel? The mine isn't a tunnel, it just makes you adjacent to tunnels.

No, the rules clearly say that Disarm works with mines too:

Quote:
Before you engage in combat on a territory with
a tunnel or your Mine, the combating opponent loses 2
power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Invisible Hand
Canada
flag msg tools
Here's a twist: this time Crimea attacked me (Saxony) on a mountain (with no tunnel or mine), and the game let me use my Disarm ability to reduce their Power. I'm pretty sure Underpass & Disarm are *not* supposed to stack like this, correct?

https://imgur.com/a/lyuh8h7

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ahmad Siddiqi
Pakistan
Lahore
flag msg tools
Yes, that's also wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.