GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,871 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
15 Days Left

Support:

Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Quote:
Rep. Pete King (R-N.Y.) on Thursday said he does not believe Republicans inability to pass immigration reform will hurt the party in the midterms.

"Americans care more about Americans," King explained to Talking Points Memo.

To be certain he is just reemphasizing the GOP mid term strategy, which is actually "White Americans care more about White Americans"

And of course he hopes everyone forgets about this stain on our nation.

Quote:
King told TPM that Trump's executive order to end the policy that separated families at the border eased much of the pressure on lawmakers to act on immigration.

“I think it will tone down,” he said. “This immediate crisis seems to be going away. And if they aren’t arresting families every weekend, then yeah, it’s going away, from the public eye. And if it’s not in the public eye, if you don’t have the dramatic footage, there is always another issue that comes along. There’s a new issue every week.”

But probably not because of things like this

Quote:
Trump caved on Wednesday and signed an order that stopped children from being separated from their parents when they were caught crossing the border illegally.

But it remains unclear how or when the over 2,000 children already separated from their families will be reunited.

http://thehill.com/latino/393518-gop-lawmaker-on-if-immigrat...

And also the fact that so many of the GOP/Right have gone on the record as being fucking monsters. That has a tendency to stick with folks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Henry
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind—Einstein
mbmbmbmbmb
At least Melania cares .... oops, never mind.

My theory is that Trump made her visit the detention center and this was her rebellious response.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Professional Agitation Consultant... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Erik17 wrote:

My theory is that Trump made her visit the detention center and this was her rebellious response.

Holy shit I thought this was photoshopped. But apparently it’s real. What miserable excuse for a human being wears that on a trip like this ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lola Granola
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Invalid tweet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lola Granola
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
www.ireallydocare.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Cook
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I'm a big believer in dog whistles... but I'm not sure this is one of them. People care more about themselves than about immigrants. It's just a fact.

I don't think what happened at the border while change anybody's mind. What I hope it does is motivate those predisposed to care about others more than themselves, and those predisposed to oppose the Republican agenda are getting very motivated to vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
Erik17 wrote:

Holy shit I thought this was photoshopped. But apparently it’s real. What miserable excuse for a human being wears that on a trip like this ?

Other than someone 'acting out', I really don't know how someone could be that dumb/ignorant/unaware.

Along with her entire staff also being so out of touch that they missed it too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.