GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,261 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
23 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Cosmic Encounter: Cosmic Eons» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Alien's alien power - previous or current turn? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
petar todosic
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Hi again, :)

Quick, but more elaborate one please..

The Alien sheet reads:
"
When you are not the offense, before encounter cards are selected, you may use this power to release one or both of the main players' ships you have captured on previous turns.
"

This gives rise to my question: Can you capture a players ship on the same turn on which you release it?
This would mean that you either must capture one ship of each player having his/her turn before you, and only on the next round start releasing them with a trauma, which feels tricky as you may lose your power till then; or should you be able to abduct the current player's ship, and traumatize/release it on the very same turn of that player?

The wording says 'on previous turns' but I'm really unsure of this as it can greatly diminish your chances of ever using the power's second part.

Thanks for your thoughts and clarifications!
I

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack Reda
United States
Herndon
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
Guess the games in my uberbadge!
badge
My favorite game is Cosmic Encounter.
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the sheet does say "previous turns", I don't see how you get around it. Alien is definitely a power that requires longer planning and strategy, since you have to decide if one of the traumas you are holding will have a decent chance of working the way you expect or predict during the early part of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.