GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,813 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question about Theseus & Andromeda rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Klein
Germany
flag msg tools
Sorry 4 another question ^^

1. Theseus' Ariadnes Thread:

If my opponent declares my God as his target to attack & i guard him + move him by Ariadnes Thread, the attack may be redirected to a NEW target.
As my God had initially been chosen to be attacked, it would not be a new target & therefore cant be chosen to attack again, right ?

2. Andromeda

Andromedas Sacrifice: It refers to friendly units in her area. Does she herself count as a friendly unit too ? I would assume yeah, since otherwise she is 1-shot dead . . .

Andromedas Chains: Can she use it on a full area from an adjacent area ? Again id assume yeah since in that case she can attack with range 1, though it may not be considered an attack. Not sure.

Please help & thanx

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atomic Fenix
Spain
Logroño
La Rioja
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. If He is still in Range he is attacked, as It's not necesary to choose another target. If he is out of range, then a new target may be selected. If there is not a target in range, then the attack is canceled.

Sacrifice: I guess it sounds fair, as is a character with only 4 vit. I checked and It's correct, in the update https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battle... they say it affects herself also.

Chains: Yes, if an area is full you can attack it with a Range 0 attack from and adjacent area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Klein
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanx Fenix. However 1 thing is not clear yet with Theseus.
Scenario: opponent chooses my God to attack. I then guard with Theseus & make use of Ariadnes thread to dodge the attack (out of reach).
NOW. Attacker can still redirect attack to valid target that is NEW. The God was chosen to be attacked initially & therefore is not new.
Am i overthinkin it ? :/

1 more thing bout Andromedas Chains: if an area is full, i can ATTACK in it with range 0 from adjacent area. oK gotcha. However her Chain-Power is not an attack. Would it still work ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First of all do not ever apologise for asking rules questions. The rules are bit messy, which can be expected in a game with as many units with unique powers as this.

In your first question a target is chosen, Theseus is declared as Guard to the attack and redirects it to himself, then he moves one area and is suddenly out of reach for the attack. Now the attacker can freely choose a new target within range, which absolutely can be the original target of the attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Klein
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanx bruh <3 In that case Theseus is a horribly overcosted unit. I gotta push him outa the draft-pool. 2 bad.
Do you know by chance the answer to my 2nd question regarding Andromedas Chains ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Merklein
Germany
flag msg tools
EasyLover wrote:
Thanx bruh <3 In that case Theseus is a horribly overcosted unit. I gotta push him outa the draft-pool. 2 bad.
Do you know by chance the answer to my 2nd question regarding Andromedas Chains ?

Andromedas Chain- Power counts as an attack (rulebook page 7, type of powers) so I would assume yes.

And Theseus low movement could be mitigated if you can move him towards your enemy every time he guards. Perhaps you should have an other lowcost guard to save the original aim. Perhaps a troop?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.