GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,702 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Azul» Forums » General

Subject: Which version do you prefer - the official rules or the official variant rules? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T Patts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've not played the game yet, but I have a question - As the thread title asks - which do you prefer? The normal "colourful" side of the board or the "greyed out" variant side?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mar daros
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually tiring of the colorful side...Have only played the grey side once...So, to continue to enjoy & play Azul, I think I'll give the grey side more attention. Also, while Azul is a fun game - I don't always agree with any high ratings it recieves. For me it lost replay quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul P.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The colorful side is much easier for new players to understand. It is also a bit of a "lighther" game for experiences players. The Grey side allows for more scoring but at the same time the ability to put yourself into a bad situation.

Although abstract is not my favorite genre, Azul is my most played game and one of my favorites. I enjoy both sides of the board but tend to prefer the grey side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom O'Brien
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I prefer the color side because you can predict what the other players may take.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ɹǝsɐɹɟ
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Back in the days when there were less maps we played every map back to back
badge
Ooh a little higher, now a bit to the left, a little more, a little more, just a bit more. Oooh yes, that's the spot!
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't tired of the colourful side yet. Will try the non-coloured side at some stage in the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniel balik
Czech Republic
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
both equally. both are diferent in play style and I switch them equally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tina Bushey
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was quickly bored of the colored side, but have played many on the gray side and don’t see an end in site with the variety it opens up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Barrett
New Zealand
Henderson
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We still prefer the coloured side. The grey side feels more like an easy mode for us as there is less restriction in what we can do (assuming you don't carelessly trap yourself).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.