GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,365 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Red Poppies Campaigns: The Battles for Ypres» Forums » General

Subject: Campaign 1914, initial setup rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Malczyk
Poland
flag msg tools
I have a question regarding initial setup of the BEF MG platoon. I suppose that statement: Set up in or adjacent to AG16 refers to the MG?
If yes am I correct that there is no way without moving it to shot from the hill to the approaching german forces because it cannot be placed on a hexside? So it can only protect town hexes in fact?
I'm not sure whether AH15 is a hexside or not, but IMO not
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Gorkowski
msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Correct, the MG is too far back from the crest to fire down at approaching infantry and AH15 is NOT a crest hex side.

Note: YS Scenario 1 had some errata that make a real difference. You can see the corrections in the scenario section of the rule book for Last Laurels at Limanowa. That's online at the Compass Website if you do not have it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I took a picture of the errata section in Volume 2, for reference:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Malczyk
Poland
flag msg tools
Thank you guys! I really like this game. It's amazing how nice it shows that initial massive advance changes to slow battle for each square meter of the land. Now I have finished day and night one of the scenario. Gulevelt is partially taken but both sides needs to work hard in upcoming days

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.